Anybody watching "Duck Dynasty"/

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Ifishandhunt

Re: Anybody watching "Duck Dynasty"/

Postby Ifishandhunt » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:00 pm

I'd be interested. Down here near Cincy. I have never done it but I have been wanting to do it for a long time.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Ifishandhunt wrote:I'd be interested. Down here near Cincy. I have never done it but I have been wanting to do it for a long time.

I'm in Columbus.

i
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:59 pm

kellory wrote:I too, am interested in waterfowl. I have the boat, the boat blind is nearly done, I have the tethered duck decoys, and goose shell decoys, but no dog or teacher. I may have to try it solo. :(

I would love to try it, but I don't think I can train my 5-year-old rottweiler to get ducks. He only fetches things that I throw. But wouldn't it be funny to see a rottie out there? lol

I do want to learn to pheasant hunt. Plus I heard they are really tasty.
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:02 pm

kellory wrote:Sorry, Ohio Farms, I think we have derailed your thread. Back to waterfowl.

I, for one, would not be adverse to the idea of some of the Ohio boys getting together for a duck hunt. Maybe next year? Any interest out there? :)

Boys only? Aw, man!

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Sierra wrote:
kellory wrote:Sorry, Ohio Farms, I think we have derailed your thread. Back to waterfowl.

I, for one, would not be adverse to the idea of some of the Ohio boys getting together for a duck hunt. Maybe next year? Any interest out there? :)

Boys only? Aw, man!

Boys was a generic term, young lady. I have no problems with woman hunters such as yourself, Just remember to leave the high heels and purse behind, and you'll do fine. :) You got any doubts, just ask MsBadger. She'll steer you right. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 am

![/quote]
Boys was a generic term, young lady. I have no problems with woman hunters such as yourself, Just remember to leave the high heels and purse behind, and you'll do fine. :) You got any doubts, just ask MsBadger. She'll steer you right. ;)[/quote]

Sounds good. No stilletos. They do tend to get stuck in the mud anyhow. :-) Anyway, in all seriousness, if you guys organize something I would love to tag along, even if just to learn something new. Sounds like a lot of fun.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Sierra wrote:!

Boys was a generic term, young lady. I have no problems with woman hunters such as yourself, Just remember to leave the high heels and purse behind, and you'll do fine. :) You got any doubts, just ask MsBadger. She'll steer you right. ;)[/quote]

Sounds good. No stilletos. They do tend to get stuck in the mud anyhow. :-) Anyway, in all seriousness, if you guys organize something I would love to tag along, even if just to learn something new. Sounds like a lot of fun.[/quote]

I'll be happy to keep you in mind. but the only pumps will be shotguns. :)

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:47 pm

That will work out just fine, Kellory. ;-)

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Sierra wrote:
kellory wrote:I too, am interested in waterfowl. I have the boat, the boat blind is nearly done, I have the tethered duck decoys, and goose shell decoys, but no dog or teacher. I may have to try it solo. :(

I do want to learn to pheasant hunt. Plus I heard they are really tasty.

Yes they are! If you shoot any, let me know and I'll tell you how to prepare them.

Or better yet, if you are planning on going pheasant hunting let me know, as there are things that you do with them in the field that make them even better table fare!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:59 am

Thanks Woods, I will take you up on that for sure. Generally speaking, what time of year does pheasant hunting happen?

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic