good feeling

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Homunculi

good feeling

Postby Homunculi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:45 pm

been a little lazy about posting this ...
but i went to get out some burger and did not pay attention to my freezer till this morning
Attachments
freezer.jpg
freezer.jpg (71.88 KiB) Viewed 453 times
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

Deebz

Re: good feeling

Postby Deebz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm in the same boat... I got my sausage back at the beginning of the season, and I've killed 2 deer so far this year. The fresh meat added to the steaks and ground I had left from last year (5 deer killed) my freezer is also pretty chock full.

It is definitely a good feeling. I rarely even bother looking into the meat cooler at the grocery store...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

oletimer

Postby oletimer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Ditto...but can always find room on the wall if he's big enough.
lead follow or get out of the way

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:10 am

I thought this was going to be a post on one of my horrors that happened not once.........but twice!
Went to my freezer and it was unplugged............I lost 2 seasons of deer, hog, grouper, snapper, :evil:

Glad yours was a happy one :lol:
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:00 am

That happened to me this summer... I'd been leaving my .22 next to the chest freezer on the back porch to deal with our ground squirrel problem (and practice my marksmanship :D )... at some point the rifle slid over and knocked the plug just far enough out of the socket to lose contact, but not actually fall free.

Luckily, we caught it quickly enough that only the top layer had defrosted, and the stuff on the bottom was still frozen solid. We luckily had a party to go to the next night, so we provided the deer brats and chili... everything was still good and cold, so I figured it was about the same as defrosting it in the fridge...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Return to General Discussions