A long (mostly) deer video

Rick Larson

A long (mostly) deer video

Postby Rick Larson » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 am

I have really become used to carrying a camera now and think it a very important tool in my outdoor experiences. Very definitately keeps me in the woods all day - in hoping to get wildlife shots as well as getting a real shot!

Anyway, this linked video is all the best clips of the many, no, manymany hours of recordings I took the linked video this recent 2012 Wisconsin Gun Hunting Season. But be forewarned, this video is not designed for people with a short attention span. If you do, thanks for watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C45wx2thSf8
Living in the great outdoors we call Earth!

Retch Crabtree

Re: A long (mostly) deer video

Postby Retch Crabtree » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:48 am

Thank goodness for the slide preview. I got to see it all it about 10 seconds. A half minute of video footage of a red water bottle should have been edited out, The same thing for the half minute of the spider and all the times there was supposed to be sound but none as well as the out of focus portions. This could have told the same story in about 5 minutes with proper editing skills.

buckwild

Postby buckwild » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Rick - The camera idea is great. I dropped some good coin on a nice pair of Nikon binoculars. They are wonderful, but I wish that the investment would have went toward a good camera so I could capture the images as well.

I see that you only have a few posts on deeranddeerhunting forums. On behalf of our community, I would like to welcome you, and also apologize for the comments from our associate, Mr. Crabtree. His comments are not typical of what you can expect from this forum. I find the deer and deerhunting posts very informative, and I enjoy sharing my stories and reading the stories of others. It is a great resource to learn what is going on in the deer woods, and get good general information as well.

Mr. Crabtree is also rather new. His posts indicate that he is experienced and intelligent. Unfortunately, his contributions have seemed to be rather incendiary, and have incited many heated exchanges. They tend to be laced with judgement and contain phrases like "should have" or "could have", as is evident in the response to your post. It would appear that he has positioned himself onto a pedestal above all others. I, too, have held the number one spot, and placed all hope in myself, only to realize that when a person is number one, that disappointment follows. One can only guess, but it has been my experience that when people intentionally do/say things to be hurtful, they themselves have been hurt. My prayer is that he finds healing by seeking the Great Physician, and putting our Creator in the number one spot. This hope does not disappoint, because God has poured out his love into our hearts (Romans 5:5).
Semper Fidelis!

Rick Larson

Postby Rick Larson » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Thanks buckwild!

There are a lot of people like this posting on the internet. Most of the time I just shrug my shoulders and move on to the next forum, there are a lot of them now. Then sometimes I come back a post again, anyway.

Maybe I was inciting using that "short attention span" phrase. I just wanted to prepare a potential viewer for a slow one. It is true (slow videos don't get watched). This shows up in the longer - less active - videos I upload, as the minutes that are viewed by individuals are trackable.

But anyway, this is the best I can do for the moment, but am looking forward to learning more of the video recording art!
Living in the great outdoors we call Earth!

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:38 pm

There is a misunderstanding here, Retch is not new. He is our local Troll. A good hunter, and craftsman, but a rude a$$ as well. He had a computer problem, and to correct it, assumed a new name, and his posts displayed this fact for a while. research Retch Sweeny for the rest of his posts.

"Joined:Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:05 pmLast visited:Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:44 pmTotal posts:565 | Search user’s posts
(0.49% of all posts / 0.41 posts per day) Most active forum:Wisconsin
(264 Posts / 46.73% of user’s posts)Most active topic:Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...again!
(45 Posts / 7.96% of user’s posts)
He is intelligent, though abrupt, and loves to find fault with people. If he annoys you unduly, you can list him as "foe" in your preferences, And you will never see another word he writes. I prefer to keep an eye on him,as he hangs around with politicians on purpose, and it may have twisted him somewhat. I hear he can also be reached at the Troll Bridge", should you choose to speak with him. Stick around and enjoy the forum, ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Actually, I kind of liked the spider. Don't get discouraged at the forum. Most everyone is pretty reasonable with just a few exceptions. You just happened to run into one of them.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

buckwild

Postby buckwild » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Ah, yes. Retch Sweeny - I remember the name. Sorry to hear he had computer problems. Whatever his handle, he is no foe of mine.
Semper Fidelis!

Return to Wisconsin