few things ....

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Homunculi

few things ....

Postby Homunculi » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:28 pm

ok things are rocking this year for me .. and i am loving it 4 deer in the freezer ... killing with the bow and crossbow ... but the mrs thinks i am overly ocd about the grinder... slicer ... knives ... as to how i keep the clean ... i wash and scrub them after i use them and wash them again when i need them again ... is that too much? .... i hope not ... i just want clean equipment ... just me ...

deebz might can answer this .. my brother wants to buy a crossbow from me .. but will not do so unless i provide bolts ... field points and broad heads to him in the sale .... i got the bow for $200 ... ... put a new string on it ... had it cleaned up and checked .... got it sighted ... and it sat in my closet for 14 months ...
no bolts or points ... no broad heads to speak of ... and i offered it to him for $150 .... and he got pissed because i do not have the bolts to go along with the sale ...

am i wrong for telling him to suck it up and deal with it .... or should i go buy a set of bolts to give him and put myself deeper cash wise into the bow ???
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

Sierra

Re: few things ....

Postby Sierra » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:04 am

I think he should just go buy them. Seriously, he want you to shoot it for him too?
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:40 am

If you are happy selling him the bow at what is a $50+ loss to you, I'd say you are giving him a hellacious deal.

If your bro wants a crossbow, he's basically got 2 options:

option 1: spend $150 on the bow you have, then go buy the accessories to go with it. He'd be looking at a ready to hunt package somewhere around a total of $200-$250, depending on the brand of bolts/broadheads he chooses.

option 2: Go buy a ready to hunt package that includes all of the things he needs and spend anywhere from $300 for the low end stuff, up to $2000 for the high end.

Put it to him that way, and see if it helps him understand the situation. If he is still dead set on not buying the extras, I'd offer to go pick up the things he needs, then include that cost into the price of the bow. I'm assuming he wears big boy pants, so he should have no problem paying for his big boy toys.

Personally, if one of my 3 bros was going to decline a great bargain on a bow just because he'd have to go buy the accessories for it himself, I'd tell him to stick it, then go sell the bow to some random person and make a profit.

In regards to your borderline OCD cleaning habits, it may not be necessary to clean before using if you have already cleaned it very well after use, but you really can't be too careful.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:47 pm

my cleaning habits of my knives and food equipment comes from all the years i been cooking .. and working in fast food industry and watching the training videos on how food can get contaminated .. and i guess i am overly cautious ... do not care how well i clean it after i am done using it .. i will clean it again before i use it as well ...

several times while i am cooking and preparing meals i have washed my hands to the point of my skin cracking and bleeding so i use latex gloves a lot .. so all i am doing is changing gloves and rinsing them ...

as for my brother .. he is the first born and was an only child for 5 years before me and my sister came along ...
when ever he wants to sell something he will not budge on price and sells it as is ,,, ... and if he does not get it soon i need the money to get to the taxidermist for my mount ... so i can get him paid off ...

and thanks deebz
and most RTH crossbow packages start at 399.99 to 2499.99 without broadheads ,,,
:)
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

Return to General Discussions