The Enemy Is Denial

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Woods Walker

The Enemy Is Denial

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:32 pm

To all: PLEASE take the time to read this. And when you do, bear in mind that this was from 2010.!!!! If others had read this and reacted to it then maybe we wouldn't have had the tragedy we had last week in Connecticut. If nothing else it certainly bear some consideration and is realistically maybe the only thing we can do about it.

http://www.policeone.com/active-shooter ... is-denial/
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Sailfish

Re: The Enemy Is Denial

Postby Sailfish » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:01 am

amazing read
thanks for sharing
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:45 am

I wish they would employ an "Air Marshal" game plan in schools... have weapons accessible only to certain individuals in the school at strategic locations in the building (fingerprint locks and such), and have those individuals trained in shooting and combat. That way we don't have to have a cop on site all the time and still have a true first line of defense in place.

I'd be the first to volunteer for this program for my school...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Excellent article, but I have to take exception to one minor point. "f. Employ the crew-served, continuous-feed, weapon you already have available to you (a firehouse) by integrating the fire service into your active shooter training. It is virtually impossible for a killer to put well-placed shots on target while also being blasted with water at 300 pounds per square inch." This is a very, very bad idea. Otherwise I think he is spot on.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:49 pm

He gave us a lot to think about. Such a terrible tragedy. I have no words to describe it.
As I listened to President Obama read the names of the children, he said my grandsons name. I had a cold chill run down my spine.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Now, I'm annoyed. I responded to a link for a photo op for Obummer holding a baby,(grandchild of the school principal) and after reading all the comments from people asking Obummer to save them and the world at , at large, I had to put it into words, only to find out at the end, I have to sign in with Facebook. I don't Facebook. So I'll put it here to get it off my chest. Do with it what you will.

"
Your Response

You
a few minutes ago

Laws are only for the lawful. More gun laws/ restrictions, will make no real difference, but will let you feel like you did something useful. If this psycho, didn't have a gun, it would have been a bomb, or a knife, or poison,or the car he took from his mother. I am sick of knee-jerk reactions, and feel good answers, that do nothing but restrict the lawful. The purpose of the second amendment, was to keep the citizen at the same military level as a soldier, to prevent Government from taking your rights from you. The Founding Fathers feared Government, enough to restrict Government. Read your Constitution, Read the Federalist Papers, and learn enough of your history, so you can understand why guns are the backbone of your freedom.
We designate public access areas as “gun free Zones” Schools, malls, public buildings. Great, how well has that been working for you lately? Another school shot up, a theater, and a shopping mall. Oh, did I mention? The mall shooting (another gun free zone) was stopped by a shopper with a CCW? Concealed carry Weapon? The CCW carrier did not even shoot, because there people in the line of fire, but the mall shooter, ran. Entered a stairwell and killed himself. One armed citizen made a difference, without even firing his weapon.
The only thing that would have stopped either shooter, was a few well placed rounds from a CCW. A Gun Free Zone, is not a safety advantage, it's a Target Rich Environment, with no one to shoot back. We protect or money and our products better than we protect our children. Our banks have armed guards, armored cars deliver our money and gemstones. We GPS our shipments, and seal the containers with padlocks, but our children? Break a window….a rock will do that.
We haven't had a child die in a school fire in what? 50 years? But we have regular fire drills, sprinkler systems, fire alarms in every hallway, and fire proof building materials. Yet how many kids have died in schools of violence? Gun Free Zones kill people, because psychos do not obey laws, and seek weak, gun free targets. Think on that, before you call for restrictions on the lawful.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:12 pm

JPH wrote:Excellent article, but I have to take exception to one minor point. "f. Employ the crew-served, continuous-feed, weapon you already have available to you (a firehouse) by integrating the fire service into your active shooter training. It is virtually impossible for a killer to put well-placed shots on target while also being blasted with water at 300 pounds per square inch." This is a very, very bad idea. Otherwise I think he is spot on.

I was wondering about that too, as 300 PSI can do a lot of collateral damage. Thanks for your insight!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Well said Kell!!!!

Why is this so obvious to some of us and completely incomprehensible to others? I mean, it's just common sense, is it not?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Deebz wrote:I wish they would employ an "Air Marshal" game plan in schools... have weapons accessible only to certain individuals in the school at strategic locations in the building (fingerprint locks and such), and have those individuals trained in shooting and combat. That way we don't have to have a cop on site all the time and still have a true first line of defense in place.

I'd be the first to volunteer for this program for my school...

Deebz, That would put you in the line of fire. If this comes about, let us know. You will need a vest (not an orange one) and I will send a few bucks to help with the cost. :|
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Woods Walker wrote:
JPH wrote:Excellent article, but I have to take exception to one minor point. "f. Employ the crew-served, continuous-feed, weapon you already have available to you (a firehouse) by integrating the fire service into your active shooter training. It is virtually impossible for a killer to put well-placed shots on target while also being blasted with water at 300 pounds per square inch." This is a very, very bad idea. Otherwise I think he is spot on.

I was wondering about that too, as 300 PSI can do a lot of collateral damage. Thanks for your insight!

The real issue is that that 300 psi does not just spring from a hose. It takes a coordinated effort to position and man a line. None of us train to do this under direct small arms fire, nor do we wear the proper body armor or even the most remotely tactical clothing for this suicide mission. The fire department needs to be performing triage and treatment of wounded in an area that is not under attack. Any consideration of expanding that role must come with a huge investment in manpower, equipment and training. Not going to happen.

But I digress. It was otherwise a good read.

Next

Return to Off Topic