Guy's Xmas Shopping Message

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Woods Walker

Guy's Xmas Shopping Message

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:40 pm

Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ohio farms

Re: Guy's Xmas Shopping Message

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:58 am

I thought my favorite one was the pink stiletto in the guys head, but then the guy with the "no hands" vacuum cleaner walked in.
He should have bought a Dyson.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:03 am

Lol! That's too funny. Our first Christmas together, Chris got me a diamond pendant and a pistol. This Christmas so far I have already received a shotgun, a new set of mossy oak camo, a hunting knife and heated insoles. He's a keeper!
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Sierra wrote:Lol! That's too funny. Our first Christmas together, Chris got me a diamond pendant and a pistol. This Christmas so far I have already received a shotgun, a new set of mossy oak camo, a hunting knife and heated insoles. He's a keeper!

No Sierra, if a guy gets that kind of stuff for you and you appreciate it, then YOU'RE the keeper!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Woods Walker wrote:
Sierra wrote:Lol! That's too funny. Our first Christmas together, Chris got me a diamond pendant and a pistol. This Christmas so far I have already received a shotgun, a new set of mossy oak camo, a hunting knife and heated insoles. He's a keeper!

No Sierra, if a guy gets that kind of stuff for you and you appreciate it, then YOU'RE the keeper!!!

that would be why she is one of the "Ohio Boys".....BTW, how is your daughter doing with the bow? ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Well she can only shoot it when she's here, as she lives in Maryland in an apartment right now. But that will change. She's excited about our potential new CCW law, and is already looking for which one to get. I told her whatever it is, for that purpose just make sure that the caliber starts with a number no less that a "4" !!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:31 pm

kellory wrote:
Woods Walker wrote:

that would be why she is one of the "Ohio Boys".....BTW, how is your daughter doing with the bow? ;)

She will get it soon, kellory, for Christmas. I labeled it from "Santa" and I will explain who gave it to her and its history when she opens it :-) Don't be surprised if she takes over my account to send a thanks to you.

That reminds me... do you have a recommendation for one of those square archery targets you see at the stores?

Yay, Ohio Boys! I promise, no heels.

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Woods Walker wrote:

Well heck, it's great stuff! He gets me girlie stuff sometimes, but he's awesome and generally goes for my interests. I am hinting towards a ladder stand for the birthday. This way I don't have to stick one of my heels in his head. And if I assaulted him with the vaccuum, I'd have to pony up the cash for a new one and a proctologist bill.

For him I got a new gun cabinet, tomahawk, knife, a spool of 550 cord, a magnesium fire starter and a big gift card to Cabellas. Oh and a box of .223 since he was running low.

We're dorks, lol.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:46 pm

No thanks are necessary, May she enjoy it as much as I did. I took my first deer with that bow. (In fact, I tested out of a mandatory archery class with that bow, which tickled my Dad so much, I got the compound bow I use to this day) :D
As for the target, yes, get a cube rated for crossbows. It will last a very long time, and can be used by all bows and crossbows. If you wait for just after the season, they will be dirt cheap too.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to Off Topic