Rage 2" 2 blade Vs. G5 T3

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Imorr5141

Rage 2" 2 blade Vs. G5 T3

Postby Imorr5141 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:57 pm

whats everyone think out there. I see a lot about both broadheads. They say because of the 3 blades in the T3 it has a bigger cutting diameter but again the holes you see with the Rage 2 blades are huge. I currently use the G5 Strikers and i have been looking into maybe switching. any opinions??

KSWhitetailer

Re: Rage 2" 2 blade Vs. G5 T3

Postby KSWhitetailer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:34 pm

I've shot both, but I am a true believer in the RAGE brand. Shot placement is vital as always, but I've seen some marginal hits with the 2" rage that would've resulted in lost deer in the past. This year I shot the RAGE Xtreme 2.3" heads and WOW! You can see the results in the Workin Class Whitetails Blog on this site (Posted in late NOV). I was lucky enough to take a 200" buck with a very marginal hit (never went through the ribcage), but the deer was hit in an artery and quickly expired. I've taken over 20 deer with the RAGE heads, have heard many people say that they aren't believers because the blades bent, etc. With a mechanical head, you can expect some of the blades to bend and even the heads to be destroyed from time to time. I don't particularly care, as long as the shot results in a quick kill. If you are concerned with the cost or want to recycle heads, all of the RAGE heads have available replacement blades...or you can shoot a fixed head. Hope this helps.

Return to Archery and Bowhunting