Just Thinking Out Loud Here......

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

Just Thinking Out Loud Here......

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:13 am

In view of the recent school killing tragedy and the resultant uproar regarding the NRA, I was wondering how many PRIVATE schools have armed security? I'm talking really high end schools now, the ones that the politicians and other power brokers send their children to. I'd be willing to bet that many of the ones in the DC area already have armed security. It would not come as a big shock to hear that the same polticians that regard the NRA's proposal with distain and are using this tragedy to advance their dormant anti-gun agenda are the biggest users of these schools.

I guess I'm cynical that way..............
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

bobow

Re: Just Thinking Out Loud Here......

Postby bobow » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:46 am

Whenever I go to a school athletic event there are local LEOs walking around with their firearms out in plain sight.

Why isn't that an extreme danger to the children? They can SEE the guns! And they are at all levels of school & I don't think the little one's are traumatized but then again I am in more of a rural area so maybe that plays a part.

The point being that the argument of having an off duty or whatever person with a concealed weapon in the school is a problem. I don't think a uniformed officer is the best way to go.

I just want to make sure that any armed individual there to protect the children should only be allowed a single shot weapon :o
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:04 am

[quote="bobow"

I just want to make sure that any armed individual there to protect the children should only be allowed a single shot weapon :o[/quote]

This was made in jest, I hope.... :shock:
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 pm

And my cynicism was well founded........

Two-faced TV hypocrite and "news" personality David Gregory bad mouths La Pierre's armed guards in school proposal, but Gregory "sho-nuff" sends HIS kids to a school with no fewer than ELEVEN ARMED GUARDS!!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... et-Service

But OUR kids can't have that same protection, and must attend schools that are now basically unguarded killing pens.

These people make me sick.
Last edited by Woods Walker on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

1-GTOHunter

Postby 1-GTOHunter » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:50 pm

You are so Right Woods Walker.....we have Armed Security Guards at a lot of places but very little Security at our Schools where they (Guns) are not allowed!Thats why its such an easy Target for Someone to take out their Anger/Frustrations on Innocent Children. :x :(

Our 1 Public School in our Town does in fact have an Armed Police Officer on Duty but that was more because of issues within the School but it does give You a good feeling that at least the Kids are a little more safer there.Bad thing about that is the different Grades of Kids are scattered across 25-50 Acres with Multiple different Buildings! :shock:

Bobow.....Do You think Barney Fife (with 1-Bullet) should be protecting our Schools when in fact a Person thats going to harm the Kids is carrying multiple Handguns Gun's and a Semi-Automatic Assault Rifle? :roll: :roll:

wilrose85

Postby wilrose85 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:30 pm

This really makes me wonder how government and people looks at the word "protection". But surely, as for the kids protection has always one meaning, "we are safe".

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:36 am

Bobow.....Do You think Barney Fife (with 1-Bullet) should be protecting our Schools when in fact a Person thats going to harm the Kids is carrying multiple Handguns Gun's and a Semi-Automatic Assault Rifle? :roll: :roll:[/quote]

I think I can go out on a limb here and say that from what I know about bobow, that statement was made with his sarcasm meter set on "HIGH"!

I think that may have a jab at the mag/clip limit proposals.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

1-GTOHunter

Postby 1-GTOHunter » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 am

Oh...OK Woods Walker,my bad! :oops:

bobow

Postby bobow » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:37 am

Woods Walker wrote:Bobow.....Do You think Barney Fife (with 1-Bullet) should be protecting our Schools when in fact a Person thats going to harm the Kids is carrying multiple Handguns Gun's and a Semi-Automatic Assault Rifle? :roll: :roll:

I think I can go out on a limb here and say that from what I know about bobow, that statement was made with his sarcasm meter set on "HIGH"!

I think that may have a jab at the mag/clip limit proposals.[/quote]

Yes, the sarcasm meter was set to "Red Alert" or about to explode.

I have been having major problems logging in to the forum. I am able to log in to the home page every time but the forum is another thing. It used to be maybe every 2-4 times but now I might get in maybe every 2-4 days. I have tried at least a dozen times in a day and no luck.

I have my browsers set to clear my cache every time; I have tried different browsers and different computers with no better luck.

I have been working with Ben but no solution has been found yet. Anybody else having any problems besides me?
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:57 am

I was having major issues trying to log in by phone. The only way I could do it was to keep 1 private message notification in my email. Licking on that link would bring me in every time, though I could not get in through the front door. I still keep one back from each site for that reason. Try it. I'll send you a PM.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to General Discussions