New Years Resolutions

Dan Salmon

New Years Resolutions

Postby Dan Salmon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:56 pm

That time is coming up again. What are your list of resolutions for the new year?

Sierra

Re: New Years Resolutions

Postby Sierra » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:49 am

Dan Salmon wrote:That time is coming up again. What are your list of resolutions for the new year?

To start running again! Well, jogging first then moving up to that. I miss being in really great shape.
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

lonlon

Postby lonlon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:44 pm

To quit watching the evening news, too depressing ! :(

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Both good ones so far...

Was thinking more in the realm of deer hunting, but those I agree with and need to do myself.

My main one is to get out and scout more than I have in the past couple of years. There are new areas that have been logged recently and some areas logged in the not so recent past that I've been relying on more than I like to admit. I'm sure that it has something to do with the lack of deer sightings this past season.

Also, going to get the girls out in the woods more. Geo-caching, hiking, target shooting and small game hunting with Dad.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Sierra wrote:
Dan Salmon wrote:That time is coming up again. What are your list of resolutions for the new year?

To start running again! Well, jogging first then moving up to that. I miss being in really great shape.

I don't recall much wrong with your shape now...... ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:26 am

I resolve to quit making deer hunting work & put enjoyment back into it. I have struggled the last 5 years to make deer hunting fun & I have made the youth in our hunting party resent me. I expect them to have the same passion for the sport as I do when it is unfair to them. I think back to when I was there age & I got my gun out about a week before the season dug out my orange & sat by a tree with high expectations. Now I get ticked at them for doing the same thing. I realize hunting has changed a lot over the last 30 years & I have to change with it. I resolve to show patients with the future of our sport so that they may one day have the same passion that I do.
Happy New Year to you all
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:04 am

kellory wrote:
Sierra wrote:

I don't recall much wrong with your shape now...... ;)

I am going to build a shrine to you.

(Still need to lose 15 lbs though. :-) )
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

unclebuck

Postby unclebuck » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:01 pm

I want to gain 15 pounds...oh and start smoking.

bowneida

Postby bowneida » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:30 pm

pickleguy wrote:I resolve to quit making deer hunting work & put enjoyment back into it. I have struggled the last 5 years to make deer hunting fun & I have made the youth in our hunting party resent me. I expect them to have the same passion for the sport as I do when it is unfair to them. I think back to when I was there age & I got my gun out about a week before the season dug out my orange & sat by a tree with high expectations. Now I get ticked at them for doing the same thing. I realize hunting has changed a lot over the last 30 years & I have to change with it. I resolve to show patients with the future of our sport so that they may one day have the same passion that I do.
Happy New Year to you all

I tell em hunt how ya want. Ya cant force em or they'll dive back in their room ;)

Tony
If it smells good eat it, if ya cant eat it dont shoot it!!
member of gulfcoastarchery.com
Oneida Aroeforce
" Black Eagle
" 2 Phantoms
" Stealth Eagle
Monsterbows Dragon
and a Truth2

Return to Wisconsin