bow hunting Ft riley

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
tjapro25

bow hunting Ft riley

Postby tjapro25 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:47 am

So i am currently deployed in Afghanistan and i am stationed at Ft riley, which from what i have learned has incredible hunting. I have researched and researched on the deer hunting there on Ft riley because i have yet to hunt there during the deer season (only turkey season) . Also i am very new to hunting terrain like Kansas has, i am am originally from louisiana and have always hunted La or Mississippi so i am sure i will have some lesson to be learned in KS. Considering it is only bow hunting for the majority of the season i also see this becoming an issue for me as there is not many hardwoods there as it is mostly wheat fields or from what i have seen during turkey season. I am basically making this post to see if any one has any preseason tips or advice in general for me and also to see if any one else has hunted Ft Riley and can get me started in a good general direction for finding some big bucks in KS.
Thanks
Tjapro25

Ohio farms

Re: bow hunting Ft riley

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:40 am

Sorry to say that I am completely unfamiliar with the area that you will be hunting, but I would like to thank you for your service and sacrifice. Welcome to the forum.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

tjapro25

Postby tjapro25 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:25 am

thanks man ... just doing my job. it is nice though hear that though some people have not a clue we are still over here fighting.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:11 am

Yea, I hear you. Vietnam vets didn't get much thanks either.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

bo33111

Postby bo33111 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Sorry dont know anything about the area your hunting, but I would like to also thank you for your commitment to our country. Please be careful in your travels and know that we here appreciate your dangerous and hard work.
God Bless and take care

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:29 pm

tjapro25 wrote:So i am currently deployed in Afghanistan and i am stationed at Ft riley, which from what i have learned has incredible hunting. I have researched and researched on the deer hunting there on Ft riley because i have yet to hunt there during the deer season (only turkey season) . Also i am very new to hunting terrain like Kansas has, i am am originally from louisiana and have always hunted La or Mississippi so i am sure i will have some lesson to be learned in KS. Considering it is only bow hunting for the majority of the season i also see this becoming an issue for me as there is not many hardwoods there as it is mostly wheat fields or from what i have seen during turkey season. I am basically making this post to see if any one has any preseason tips or advice in general for me and also to see if any one else has hunted Ft Riley and can get me started in a good general direction for finding some big bucks in KS.
Thanks
Tjapro25

I wish I knew more about that area, but I am at a loss. I can only help with Ohio and Michigan. :-) Hey be careful over there. Thank you for your service. I hope the hunting is especially good!
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:14 am

tjapro25,
You must be with the Big Red One. My youngest son is currently at Bagram Field in Afghanistan,too. He was just transferred from Ft Gordon,GA to Riley last April. He doesn't know his way around Riley for hunting yet, but maybe you guys could learn together. He's in HHC,STB,1SB. His name is Sgt Michael Mann.

Return to General Discussions