poacher at wal mart

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
luvhuntin

poacher at wal mart

Postby luvhuntin » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Went out tonight just to grab some JUMBO hand warmers. I have a doe tag for late season but I`m still allowed one more any sex tag so i go to the counter to pick one up. there`s already a guy there with 2 tags laying in front of him. I overhear the cashier tell him you wanna call the DNR? so he whips out his phone and calls them. After a few seconds he hands the phone to the guy behind the counter.
the cashier tells the guy on the phone, This guy wants to buy a late muzzloader tag for his child but the system only allows his kid an antlerless only tag for late muzzy. Of course the customer swears his kid has`nt gotten any other tags this year. after waiting forever the guy on the phone tells the cashier the customer cannot purchase that tag for his kid. So instead he buys an antlerless tag for his kid. I was just making small talk with the guy and told him guess the youngster will have to settle for a good doe. his comment,, well we`ll have to figure something out, it`s a long ways back in the woods. guess i know now why some people wait till 10;00 PM to go to wal mart and buy deer tags! he was still trying to arrange his tags as I walked away with my tag. I hope my parting comment of do`nt shoot any the tags not good for, was taken offense too. it was meant that way!

our system here is pretty nice you either enter in the soc sec number or swipe A drivers license and it pulls up your available tags. you can only shoot one buck with a gun unless your a landowner or under the age of 16 if there is another option I can`t find it in the rules. I guess that`s just not good enough for some :twisted: That may be harsh and it`s possible someone goofed or the grandparents already bought the tag but something sure smelled funny and it was`nt the fishbait.

Ohio farms

Re: poacher at wal mart

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:29 am

I smell fish too. The saddest part is that he will be teaching his son that dishonest behavior is acceptable. Hopefully we misinterpreted his comments.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:56 pm

That`s what burned me the most about this OH he was supposedly doing this for his kid & after seeing all the crap that happens on public land this year I should not be surprised. When i started rattilng off a few sentences out of the rules and regs book the guy looked at me as if i was just being a smart a@#.

It really has been an eye opener this year I swear if the DNR were actually into enforcement instead of the Big bust I think they would run their dept off of the fines collected every year.This probably sounds as though it goes against my other opinions expressed on this forum but maybe i have just been in the woods long enough for it to sink in. I thought cheaters in golf were bad!

the stuff these guys do and then plead ignorance of the law kills me. there was a stack of rule books right next to the tag machine at least 30 high! PICK IT UP! oh yeah READ IT MORE THAN ONCE! the money it could cost you for not knowing what the state deems correct could be life changing, I guess that`s the way more and more live these days play dumb and sleep like a baby at night, really gives me the red A@$. I think i have officially crossed over to grumpy old man!

oletimer

Postby oletimer » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:11 am

It is and has been a common problem everywhere. WV used to like most states years ago have a one deer per season limit. Well funny how everyones wife and kids all shot deer every year. People have and will game the system just like everything else. Unfortunately that is just how it goes and the law just looks the other way. Now with the phone in tagging systems it is even easier to fudge. Have to admit I sometimes forget to call them in on the day killed. Will call when I think about it...must be getting old timers [lol].
lead follow or get out of the way

Return to Off Topic