Ohio teachers sign up for CCW free classes

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Ohio farms

Ohio teachers sign up for CCW free classes

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:30 am

It was reported in the Cleveland Plain Dealer today that 765 teachers and school officials statewide have applied for free training aimed at stopping assailants in schools. The Buckeye Firearms Association is offering a free three day course to a limited number of educators.
Guns are not generally allowed in Ohio schools currently, though state law seems to give individual districts the right to allow them. Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said last month that districts should consider having an armed person in each school. Others were not as supportive.
We will have to wait and see how this pans out.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Woods Walker

Re: Ohio teachers sign up for CCW free classes

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Good for them! Whenever I think about this situation, I keep coming back to the idea that it might be best for local school districts to handle this as they see fit as far as being armed or not. Let THE PEOPLE who's kids have to attend those schools decide, and maybe even be the ones to actually BE the armed security. They certainly would have the best reason being there!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ohio farms

Re: Ohio teachers sign up for CCW free classes

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:02 pm

I agree with you on letting the districts decide for themselves. Some guidelines will have to be set up to control the carrying of weapons, but a step in that direction I see as positive.
Another interesting note was that the Buckeye Firearm Association will not reveal the names of the teachers who take the course so that they would not become targets in an attempted shooting.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Return to Off Topic