Infamous WI Bowhunters Busted

MAT

Infamous WI Bowhunters Busted

Postby MAT » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:50 am

In case you read his story elsewhere Ron Kulas was convicted under statute NR 10.07(2m)(e), which is placing or hunting over bait. Feeding by definition is within 50 yards of a house and is regulated under statute NR 19.60. If a deer season is open and it’s more than 50 yards from a building it's baiting, not feeding as he claims. And (where legal) it's legal to bait from opener of deer bow season to the end, outside those dates it’s illegal feeding if more than 50 yards from a residence. Since he placed the bait (which is illegal by itself) during the bow season it’s a bowhunting violation. The statute doesn't say you have to be hunting over it. He admitted to placing the bait at the time the bow deer season was open, and the citation was for baiting. This is an important distinction for the Wi Bowhunters where he was their legislative representative and a board member.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails.do;jsessionid=288DB7DF0918C623F389B35D1D6B62B8.render6?caseNo=2012FO001566&countyNo=49&cacheId=9E0F93E9F2B7EE129423C4743D04EF72&recordCount=15&offset=1&mode=details&submit=View+Case

Dan Salmon

Re: Infamous WI Bowhunters Busted

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Great, a pissing match between two brand new members.

No wonder no one posts here anymore.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:20 pm

I too, hunt with a crossbow as a legitimate bow hunting weapon. (perfectly legal here) And I resent people trying to tell me it's some new fangled cheat. They have been around since roughly 400BC as the Belly Bow. (I know. I've done the research) And while I disagree with your state's assessment of the weapon, it is the law of the land. So be it.
Having stated my own bias, The behavior is unacceptable. It sheds a bad light on Crossbow hunters behavior as a whole. It works AGAINST FULL INCLUSION, much as slob hunters do. Correct behavior, and ethical hunting, is the expected Norm, Errors have very long memories.
Sharing YOUR OWN personal info on this site, or any other, is a personal choice. Sharing someone else's is a personal violation. If either of you chose to act this way, in the interest of full disclosure, you should list your own info as well, regardless of your reasons for doing so. Quid-Pro-Quo gentlemen. :(
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

X Factor

Postby X Factor » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 am

Absolutely shameful. I've read his nasty comments to other "poachers" caught red-handed over bait through the years. Now he posts a link here to a windy excuse that he got caught "his first time" illegally baiting. It was bow season when he baited in a no bait county no matter how he tries to paint it, and he shot a buck over bait. A spike at that!!!! Report says buck was where he admitted dumping "about" a half-bucket of shell corn. His excuse says he threw a few cobs from the field into the woods and rubbed a few kernels off, "knowing" the squirrels, jays, etc. would eat it all anyway. What a farse. This is just what he deserves after such self-righteous nonsense through the years. Too bad they didn't get him for the illegal deer lying there too. I hope they confiscated whatever he used to shoot it. I know one thing for sure. If my old man was still hunting he'd hunt wherever I told him was a good spot, and I'd hunt right there with him with a camera. The WI Bowhunters better make the right call at its meeting this weekend or a lot of us will be exiting, and there aren't a whole lot of us left.

Les Welch

Postby Les Welch » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:01 pm

"I read the details of the citation Toso mentions. Its at this link."

Funny thing is none of those comments stick around because or RC deletes them all....lol. Funny how that works....years of chest thumping and looking down on others and he gets busted for doing the exact opposite of what he preaches. KARMA it is FIP!

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Retch, that guy is Retch

He was in a leadership role in WI Bowhunters - you have to be kidding me

This guy has some problems - wow

WI Bowhunters need to be embarrassed to be associated with a character like this and to think they had him representing bowhunters

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:47 pm

bullwinkle wrote:Retch, that guy is Retch

He was in a leadership role in WI Bowhunters - you have to be kidding me

This guy has some problems - wow

WI Bowhunters need to be embarrassed to be associated with a character like this and to think they had him representing bowhunters

Bullwinkle, i missed that until I read page two of the citation. (Thank you for the heads -up) I do not like Retch much, but everyone has some good points. He is a fine craftsman, and has shared that knowledge freely.This piling on by one shot wonders though, is suspect to me. I did notice we have several new members who have done nothing but bash him, and I think it may be the same basher with multiple names. I WILL ask Big Ben to check into the IP addresses of each and email addresses. If they/he can't find something a little more constructive, and in the spirit of this site, i may ask to have him/them banned. (This is a site for civilized people, gentlemen. Please act like it.)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

BCD

Postby BCD » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 am

Ron is a complete embarassment to the WBA. He is very pompous and dishonest and has no place in any type of leadership role.

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:45 am

You may want to read Retch's thread on the Orange 9 Dayers

Remember he shot a spike over an illegal pile of corn

Man, this has to be an embarrassment. Especially since he has such a track record os slamming so many people and now we know who he is and his character

Next

Return to Wisconsin