Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show Caves In

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

Re: Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show Caves In

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:14 am

I agree Steve, and I noticed the "gun show" reference when I read it also, and having been a long time OL subscriber I know of Miniter's work and was surprised to see that.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:23 am

Did the author use the term "gun show" to describe the event anywhere other than the title?? It's in huge letters in the title, but I only remember seeing "outdoor show" in the actual article. Authors rarely get to title their pieces in things like this, as I understand it.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Deebz wrote:Did the author use the term "gun show" to describe the event anywhere other than the title?? It's in huge letters in the title, but I only remember seeing "outdoor show" in the actual article. Authors rarely get to title their pieces in things like this, as I understand it.

No, the author did not use the words "gun show" anywhere in the article. It's highly likely that it's use in the title was an editorial decision not made by the author, which is a point I made in my last post. It happens all the time. I wouldn't say authors "rarely" get to title the pieces they write, but generally the final decision is not up to them. Sometimes it happens to things I write, and sometimes the editor improves on my title. Unfortunately, the editor made a mistake here.

Steve.
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Previous

Return to General Discussions