Having any troubles? Forum working OK?

If you used our old forum, please read this ...
kellory

Re: Having any troubles? Forum working OK?

Postby kellory » Fri May 04, 2012 4:15 pm

kellory wrote:This problem has returned " My problem is new. I can not log in at all from my phone. It is as if my phone only had guest status. I can read as a guest, but can not contribute, or use any other member tool. " We are back to guest status only by smart phone. It aslo shows no posts for today and no active posts by phone. Access is rather primitive right now. :( By laptop, there are several posting today). Also site seems slow to respond. Thank you for your efforts.

If I were to guess, I would say the phone access is on one server, and the main site on another. By phone, (as a guest) "big deer Down" has 8 pages. By laptop, there are three more pages! The server for the phone does not appear to be in sync with the live site. Perhaps that could account for the phone access problems? By phone, Big Deer Down" does not have ANY of the modern/ recent postings.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon May 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Phone access has been restored from my end. My phone seemed to be frozen in time when it came to this site. best explanation I have is it kept a "capture" of a early posted page when I was browsing through old posts. then when I came back to the site, It kept trying to log in to a post page from 2009. Voiding out all webpages from the phone and reacquiring the site through a search engine did the trick.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:55 pm

New problem with phone side of site. Phone had to be replaced. Got everything set up again (Apps, preferences, settings, but when it come to this site, I can not log in. Keeps telling me my name or password is wrong. Verified everything is exactly correct, even reset my password. Viewing today's post by guest status shows no posts, but laptop shows nearly a dozen posts. Some post fade to black even after reloading the page as well (First trail camera deer) by laptop. Is there some setting I am needing to reset, or does it need to be reset on that end? Any help appreciated.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:51 pm

No matter what I try, I can not log in as a member from my phone directly, but I have found a work around. I can not log on directly, buy I can follow a link in my email saying I have a private message. That link will get me on site by phone as a member, not a guest. Could we fix this problem please? If I lose the link, I will be mute again. thank you.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:10 am

Gentlemen, phone access is better than it has ever been. Logging in and out by phone now mimics laptop access. Deeranddeerhunting.com can now be found by Google as well. (this was a problem before. Netcscape could find you, but never Google.)

Only one problem remaining that I am aware of at this time. (by phone)
If I attempt to shift from mobile view to regular view, I fail. It asks for my credentials, (name and password/ sign in) but it will not accept them and repeats this request until I get disgusted and quit trying. I can not get past this screen. (This screen is fairly new, I have been seeing it for maybe a month)

Other than this one flaw, phone access is much improved. I am no longer cut off from the forum while mobile. I have posted and received PMs, both by following the provided link in email notification, and a front door request through google search.

Well done, and thank you. :)

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:28 am

Rocky,
I usually stay logged in to the D&DH site. About 4 days ago I was asked to log in again. When I attempted to login, I was informed that my password was invalid. When I asked to be told of my password, and entered my e-mail address, I was told that no such address was in the files. So I asked again using the old email that I had in 2009 when I first joined. Sure enough I got a response to that one. When the website was changed over awhile back, we all had to reset our passwords. At that time I changed my email address to my current one and entered a new,longer, password. Everything's been fine up until a few days ago. Anyway, I'm back now and everything's reset. Lucky for me that I still had my old email account still active or I'd still be trying to get on here. Happy New Year and may the spammers all get carpal tunnel syndrome.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:51 pm

I can't figure out how to post my avatar picture and my signature line. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, why is there a confirmation code requirement in order to post?
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:06 pm

The confirmation code was enacted when spammers made a mess out of the forum. It's a small price to pay I'd say.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:52 pm

IMAG0001.JPG
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation member, DU, NWTF, QDMA, ASA, and Proud SC redneck rebel for life.
IMAG0001.JPG (153.6 KiB) Viewed 3061 times
Thanks for the information; any help with the questions??????
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:55 pm

rthomas4 wrote:
IMAG0001.JPG
Thanks for the information; any help with the questions??????

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26801&hilit=+avatar

Start here, and read it through. If you need any help give me a holler, and I will be happy to help you through it. Welcome to the forum.

PreviousNext

Return to NEW FORUM FAQ