Durbin's Reply

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
JPH

Re: Durbin's Reply

Postby JPH » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:53 pm

xmatax, you posted this:
xmatax wrote:If (race) is found to be a cause...lets find a solution but that will be determined by people much smarter than I.

So by this I take it that you are willing to allow "people much smarter" to determine potential solutions to the question of race in America, should a race/violence link be found. Yet you are unwilling to entertain the idea that Americans might take an open look at current gun regulations? That strikes me as inconsistent and hauntingly similar to things that have been said by eugenicists and organizers of genocide throughout history. I'm not saying that you are one, but I think your ideas have lead to some horrible things.

And just to fill in new posters. You probably should have heeded the warnings about me, I'm a real bad guy. But since it's too late...I have never voted for a democratic presidential candidate and I have never been a registered democrat. Most people who know me would say that I am strongly conservative, both politically and socially. But I am not a party man or someone into clubs. I'll accept the title of religious fanatic if you wish to hang it on me because I believe that my faith has elevated my thinking and my conduct in areas where I needed it badly. I have a very long way to go, and I am a poor ambassador of my faith, but I'd be proud wear the label of fanatic as the saints did.

I did one leave this topic because I was so offended by what was being allowed but I decided to come back and stick it out. My second remark was that I would not debate the question of Durban's reply any longer and I haven't. My recent remarks have been aimed directly at people who wish to push the blame for violence on others based on race and those who will ignore the most blatant of our historical injustices in order to prop up the 2A. I think we can do better than that.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Ohio farms wrote:
Deebz wrote:sigh... anybody else reading along feel like this has turned into the equivalent of the most boring tennis match in the world where each side simply hits lob after lob back forth endlessly??

Oh Yes!

Now if we only had Serena in that short tennis dress........OMG! Did I just say that!!! :o

At least I'm not prejudiced! :mrgreen:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:11 pm

hehe..... nice...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

xmatax

Postby xmatax » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:47 pm

JPH wrote:xmatax, you posted this:
xmatax wrote:If (race) is found to be a cause...lets find a solution but that will be determined by people much smarter than I.

So by this I take it that you are willing to allow "people much smarter" to determine potential solutions to the question of race in America, should a race/violence link be found. Yet you are unwilling to entertain the idea that Americans might take an open look at current gun regulations? That strikes me as inconsistent and hauntingly similar to things that have been said by eugenicists and organizers of genocide throughout history. I'm not saying that you are one, but I think your ideas have lead to some horrible things.

And just to fill in new posters. You probably should have heeded the warnings about me, I'm a real bad guy. But since it's too late...I have never voted for a democratic presidential candidate and I have never been a registered democrat. Most people who know me would say that I am strongly conservative, both politically and socially. But I am not a party man or someone into clubs. I'll accept the title of religious fanatic if you wish to hang it on me because I believe that my faith has elevated my thinking and my conduct in areas where I needed it badly. I have a very long way to go, and I am a poor ambassador of my faith, but I'd be proud wear the label of fanatic as the saints did.

I did one leave this topic because I was so offended by what was beipng allowed but I decided to come back and stick it out. My second remark was that I would not debate the question of Durban's reply any longer and I haven't. My recent remarks have been aimed directly at people who wish to push the blame for violence on others based on race and those who will ignore the most blatant of our historical injustices in order to prop up the 2A. I think we can do better than that.

I hardly consider politicians to be experts much like myself as a comouter person am not a profiler...I'm not a statician...but I do believe the laws they are proposing are premature and based on emotion and not fact or reason. If bans worked we would have seen turn arounds I'm gun violence in NY and Chicago and yet Chicago remains one of the highest crime rates and city with a gun problem in the US. Now I may not due the research but any person with any semblence of a brain can see the laws fail to keep guns out of the wrong hands. So under my beliefs a new law or laws should not be passed based on speculation or fear which is exactly what the laws they are attempting to pass are.

Based on your notion...mine too...every life is the same the U.S. should ban drones because they too have killed tons of inncent children and people. Probably ropes and knives and drinking...

An inamiate object doesnt kill someone. It takes someone to animate the object to kill someone. People are the cause...not guns.

Previous

Return to General Discussions