Crossbow manufacturing question

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
hot tamale

Crossbow manufacturing question

Postby hot tamale » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 am

Just wondering why crossbow manufacturers don't have a built in hand or finger guard/safety so that less yahoo's don't get their fingers taken off when shooting?
I went to Cabela's the other day to try out some of the crossbows. Cabela's had a plastic protector that they put over the bottom of the stock section that extends out so that it would be very tough to get your fingers around it and get them in the way of the string coming forward.
I have not seen this with other models or at other Crossbow dealers.
why not manufacture the bottom with a "Flare Out" type of stock that would actually guide your hand into place?

Just a thought. I haven't done it yet, but i fear the stupid as I am usually one to get injured doing anything. pulled my back out while sneezing, hurt my ankle standing in the shower, etc.

I know I know, I need bubble wrap around me.

but seriously, does anyone know why they just dont flare out the stock so that fingers would be out of the way? (other than cost)

:?:

Deebz

Re: Crossbow manufacturing question

Postby Deebz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 am

The forend stock on my wife's Parker Tomahawk isn't flared out, but it is, I guess "cut out" so that you can wrap your fingers around the inside of the forend with no fear of having the string take off your fingers.
Attachments
crossbow pic.jpg
crossbow pic.jpg (8.54 KiB) Viewed 831 times
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

charlie 01

Re: Crossbow manufacturing question

Postby charlie 01 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Some are cut out and some are built-up enough so your fingers won't reach the string. If you are worried about it why not ask at Cabela's where they got the flared protector and use that for yourself. Or take a good look at it and make one.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Return to Archery and Bowhunting