New area

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
dominantbuckhunter32

New area

Postby dominantbuckhunter32 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:17 pm

i recently found a new area and am really thinking about pursuing it.This land does not in any way look as if it has been inhabited by any other hunter or even walker.this area is almost a wetland , tons of pines , runs a creek side found two very nice sheds here , and lots of deer sign.What would some of you guys do in preparation for this area?
Live.Hunt.Breathe.

msbadger

Re: New area

Postby msbadger » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:00 am

Lets see not knowing size...layout..... wind direction...and what your limitations..due to ownership are.... I wouldn't ponder a guess...What I would do though is a low impact camera surveillance through out the summer...perhaps go in now and check for sign get a feel for the wind /thermals and where to set up at least one stand or blind area....personally I would give it a year before wanting to do anything...
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Ohio farms

Re: New area

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:47 am

I would get some topo maps and google earth the property to see the lay of the land. If you are going to walk it, do it now when all of last years sign is more easily seen. Go in carefully without spreading scent around while you are there. Don't forget to get written permission and talk to the land owner. He will know his land. Take some pictures for us. Good luck this fall.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Return to Photo Corner