Deer & Turkey Expo - Ohio

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Sierra

Deer & Turkey Expo - Ohio

Postby Sierra » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:34 pm

Any Ohio people going to the expo this month? It's at the state fairgrounds the 15th - 17th.
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Woods Walker

Re: Deer & Turkey Expo - Ohio

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Hey lady! Where've you been? Hope all's well.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Sierra wrote:Any Ohio people going to the expo this month? It's at the state fairgrounds the 15th - 17th.

I usually go to that show, but I can't this year. They usually have some good vendors and some outstanding seminar speakers.

Steve.
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:00 pm

Hey all, Sorry to be mia here. Job ate my life for a bit, plus every day practice with my oldest for her driver's test. But back to the world as I know it now. :-)

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Can't.

I'm getting camp re-opened for turkey season.

After tossing out the dead mice, I have to take a shovel out back and start looking for the poop pipe. The toilet was still flushing fine and the end of season, but nothing was coming out the other end.

I am a bit apprehensive about mentioning this. Everytime I talk about the pooop pipe on here, poor Woodsie doubles up with the giggles and they have to shoot him up with Thorazine to get him to stop laughing.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:02 pm

can you leave the water run down the pipe? it will either give away it location, or blow out the plug. could save you a lot of work. :mrgreen:
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:46 pm

"I am a bit apprehensive about mentioning this. Everytime I talk about the pooop pipe on here, poor Woodsie doubles up with the giggles and they have to shoot him up with Thorazine to get him to stop laughing."
...... :mrgreen:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

shaman

Postby shaman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 am

kellory wrote:can you leave the water run down the pipe? it will either give away it location, or blow out the plug. could save you a lot of work. :mrgreen:

I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but since nobody else is commenting on the Expo. . .

The poop pipe runs out the back of the house , and used to end about 10 yards away , just at the fenceline. When I got the place, I thought it was a bit short for my taste, so I ran a 100 ft length of corrugated drain pipe on top of the ground off the end out into the pasture. At the end of season, I went out to move the end of the pipe, and there was no pile of solids out at the end. The other end was bone dry too. Inside the house, everything was working okay. so I figure the break is in that 10 yard run. It's clay pipe, and it' shallow, and I can see where the grass was growing a bit greener despite the drought this past summer. That is where I intend to dig.

The funny thing is that we had almost an entire year's worth of sewage just disappear. It didn't burble up in the yard, it did not come back in the house. It did not come out the other end. It just . . . went somewhere. I tried running a lot of water down the pipe, but nothing showed up. My guess is the clay pipe sections have separated and I'll end up replacing the whole 10 yards with plastic pipe. There is five feet that I may have trouble getting to; it is under the utility shed I built on the back of the house.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:54 am

"The poop pipe........was a bit short for my taste...."

QUICK! Someone get the Thorazine! :lol:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 am

Since I am not presently experiencing any poop pipe troubles, I think I might head to the expo. Even though I imagine I will want to buy all kinds of stuff. :-)

Next

Return to General Discussions