The Poop Pipe Diary

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
shaman

The Poop Pipe Diary

Postby shaman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Warning: Someone needs to get out the Thorazine and have it ready for WoodsWalker.

So I was down to camp this weekend. I had spent the winter ruminating over what to do. Back during Deer Season, I found the end of the poop pipe had gone dry. It was all going somewhere, just not out the end of the pipe. This promised to be a challenging weekend. I had visions of a great underground chasm filled with sewage and fears that while I slept the ground would open up beneath me and Deer Camp would fall into the abyss.

This morning, I went out to the back and drank a couple cups of coffee, listened to the turkeys and then went back in and waited for things to get over freezing, ate breakfast and then went back out. It was just #3 son, Angus, and I working on it. Moose, #2 son, the plumber in the family had stayed home. He could guess what was ahead and wimped out. It did not take long to find the trouble. There was only about 10 yards of buried clay pipe. It was mostly less than 6 inches under the ground. Flushing was forming a soupy spot about halfway down.

4 hours later, I laid down for a nap. Behind me lay a pile of impacted ceramic pipe sections. After moving into camp in 2001, I had put 100 feet of corrugated pipe on the end to send the stuff further down the hill. Now, I had the sewer stripped back to the edge of the house and the corrugated drain pipe attached there.

Next steps will be digging the trench a foot or so deeper, laying new PVC pipe and then burying it. I should have everything done before the end of turkey season.

Ah! The challenges of having a 100 year old deer camp.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Woods Walker

Re: The Poop Pipe Diary

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:23 pm

NOT FAIR! What are the poor dogs going to do for entertainment? :mrgreen:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shaman

Postby shaman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Don't worry, Woodsie, they are having a wonderful time examining all the sections of pipe.

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:28 am

Dang! You know it's slow around here, when you make a post with "Poop" in the subject and it stays the top post for over two days.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 am

You noticed that too? I was beginning to think aliens had laded and abducted everyone!

We need J'per back here to help get things moving again! :mrgreen:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:56 am

You noticed that too? I was beginning to think aliens had laded and abducted everyone!

We need J'per back here to help get things moving again! :mrgreen:

Look, I'm not the one that chased him off. You needed to agree with him more. Now he's off sulking

. . . and it's all your fault. ;) My feeling on the subject, is that if we're going to talk seriously about turning in evil-looking firearms just because black clashes with our fashion sense, we should just face up to what we've become as a country and outlaw urinals as well. We've become a nation of Sitzpinklers, (If you're not German, look it up on the Web) and pretty soon the Canadians are going to figure that out and come down here and kick our butts. Ohio will fall, but us upstanding Hunters of Kentucky will hold them off at the Ohio River. The guys on this side of the river still stand up to pee, and we never gave up our right to hunt deer with a rifle neither.

But seriously, I was back out to the farm this weekend and managed to get the poop pipe project under control. As you can see, the old line was pretty crooked. We got it straightened out enough for 10 foot lengths of PVC. I also got the trench dug out and extra foot or so. I was not too worried about fall-- over 5 feet of fall in a 35 foot run makes for a nice quick flow. Selected portions are covered over to keep it stabilized until I can get back out. We were losing light Saturday night, and I had figured we'd get back on it early Sunday. However, we got hit with 4 inches of snow starting about 0800 and I figured we could do with an open trench for another weekend.

. . . and yes, I did take a whiz right off the front porch into the snow, exercising my natural rights.

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:20 am

Dang! Almost 24 hours, and not a single flame. Kellory must be dead.

Sierra, I can see why you'd want no part in this.

Okay, I'll fess up. That was just a deliberate and gratuitous troll to get the Buckeyes to post. We know the Iowans have all left for good.

Return to General Discussions