wisconsin crossbow federation is gaining steam

wilmer thrun

Re: wisconsin crossbow federation is gaining steam

Postby wilmer thrun » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:19 pm

I disagree and think the Wisconsin Bowhunters Assoc would take this compromise any day of the week. How is bowhunting harmed or negatively impacted by such a compromise? Its not and as such the Wisconsin Bowhunters Assoc would gladly accept such a deal and we can put this debate behind us. I think the crossbowers would also gladly take this deal.

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:10 pm

I must have missed something - I don't understand how the WI Bowhunters can see this as a compromise. This is a complete loss from what they have been fighting. They fought the 55 rule, with your idea everyone can crossbow hunt?

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:15 pm

Now that I think about it, I read somewhere Retch was pushing this idea. I guess he owns a bow shop and was looking at selling crossbows.

wilmer thrun

Postby wilmer thrun » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:52 pm

bullwinkle wrote:I must have missed something - I don't understand how the WI Bowhunters can see this as a compromise. This is a complete loss from what they have been fighting. They fought the 55 rule, with your idea everyone can crossbow hunt?

I think that because prior objection was based on crossbowers being lumped into the bow season. My thought was that crossbowers and bowhunters would be separated in all aspects even though the season would overlap with this compromise. Crossbowers would have a separate (although overlapping) season and tag and registration and bowhunters would have their season and tag and registration. The DNR gets good clean data and neither side is affecting the others season. Compromise means everybody gives a little. I think this idea works well in WI.

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:46 am

I see what you are saying. I just have a hard time seeing the WI bowhunters liking the extra competition. I wonder how many deer today are shot illegally with crossbows.

I know guys that have $1000 crossbow set up and they are not physically limited. They say they like shooting them - ya right

wilmer thrun

Postby wilmer thrun » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:07 pm

The Rep for the crossbow club started this thread. I wonder what his clubs opinion on the compromise I laid out would be???

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Bullwinkle,

I fear you are being strung along.

Retch may be gone by name, but I doubt he's gone.

An ego like his won't allow him to let go.

Same with the other newbies around with agendas to push.

All hiding behind internet aliases.

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:38 am

Yah I picked up on that Dan

wilmer thrun

Postby wilmer thrun » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:26 am

I wonder if the person that started this thread will return to answer the question?

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:10 pm

Why would he feel the need to answer questions posed to him by someone hiding behind an internet alias that hasn't had anything constructive to say in the 8 total posts he's posted? I wouldn't, but that's just me.

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin