Charles Daly shotguns

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
Scoutfish

Charles Daly shotguns

Postby Scoutfish » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Looking at Armslist and another local online for sale type sight, I occasionally see a Charles Daly shotgun for sale.

Never heard of them til this year.

Are these good guns, decent guns or junk. Thought about buying a cheap but decent gun for my son, but I don't want to throw monet away on something just because it has a low price.

What can you tell me?

Thanks, Mark

Dan Salmon

Re: Charles Daly shotguns

Postby Dan Salmon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Depends on the action type and the age. Most of the pump and autos are Turkish made. Some are junk, others are real keepers. Same with the O/Us and SxSs. Some of them were made by Miroku (same manufacturer as the Browning Citori) and some are junk. Really need to do your research with Charles Daly guns.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:36 pm

I have a DU edition Charles Daly Pump shotgun in .12 gauge. I won it at a DU auction about 8 or 9 years ago. I use this gun exclusively for Turkey hunting, and love it. It uses Remington choke tubes, and can handle both 2 3/4" and 3" shells and is in the wetland camo pattern.

My nephew's first shotgun was the Daly semi-auto in .20 gauge. It has the black synthetic stock and will also shoot both 2 3/4" and 3" shells.

Both of these guns break down and function identically to Remington 870 and 1100 models, and we've never experienced any problems with either gun. I will mention that both of them have always been kept clean. I've heard of problems associated with them when they aren't cleaned on a regular basis.

BTW, Charles Daly originally was known for his 1911 style of competition handguns, and those were also manufactured in Turkey for the most part. Also, many Stoeger shotguns are also imported from Turkey along with quite a few other brands.

I would also suggest that you look into Tri-Star if you are interested in an introductory level shotgun for a youngster. I started my boy out with his first semi-automatic with one of their models in .20 gauge. His first shotgun was a Mossberg Bantam 500 in .20 gauge that I won at a NWTF banquet when he was 5. He's 16 now and this past season used my Beretta .12 gauge 3" for deer hunting.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

TheWrathPrince

Postby TheWrathPrince » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:13 pm

My grandfather said Charles Daly shotguns have good quality weapons.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A mind all logic is like a fox knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it" - Rabindranath Tagore

jasjohnie

Postby jasjohnie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Yes that's right charles daly shotguns realy good, compare to other my dad bought her last year,
and its surprising the gun is so cool its a good quality gun, so i said you if you bought guns i provide you to charles.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
Dr. Seuss knives

Return to Guns and Ammo