Missing map

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
Hawgnman

Missing map

Postby Hawgnman » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:40 pm

The "Shed Hunt" article has a sidebar (page 20) that references an "accompying map". Where is the map?
Grace Happens

Jim /*
http://www.racksnspurs.com/

Ohio farms

Re: Missing map

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:37 pm

I noticed that too. Maybe he meant "pictures" instead of maps. Who knows?
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:40 am

Ohio farms wrote:I noticed that too. Maybe he meant "pictures" instead of maps. Who knows?

I noticed too, and at first I also wondered if he meant the pictures. But the pictures have their own captions, and he definitely describes a map. I tried to read it with my eyes closed to visualize the map, but then I couldn't see the words. ;) So I slowly read it and tried to make a map in my mind. That didn't turn out great either.

I'm guessing this is one of those things where somebody in layout made a decision that there wasn't enough space, or someone else made a decision to place a last-minute ad, and the map got deleted. Someone should have gone back and made sure an edit didn't need to be made, too.

These things happen in publishing, and I can tell you no one feels worse than the editor and whoever made the mistake. But we live in a digital world and maybe the map could be posted here for us to see.

Steve.
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Schmidt

Postby Schmidt » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi guys,
Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. Steve is right. The map was pulled as that issue went to press. We failed to notice the mention in the text. Those materials were returned to the author already, but I will see if we can get them back.

Best,
Dan

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features