Where'd Everybody Go?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
MSHunter

Re: Where'd Everybody Go?

Postby MSHunter » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:44 pm

My main computer at the house bit the dust about year ago. The secret police at work cracked down on personal use of the work computer, so in order to get on line I have to ask permission to use my wife's computer. The opportunities to get online have been few and far between.
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:01 pm

"Where'd Everybody Go?" I've been wondering the same thing. I've dropped in once every other day or so, to see if there's anything new but haven't had time to read much or to post. Spring is a busy time, especially in the North, and I suspect the long winter has most people doing yard and garage clean-up, plus all the honey-do projects that have been hanging fire all winter. Add to that some scouting and hunting turkeys, and shed hunting, and there's not much time left for the 'puter.

Steve.
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm here. i check in, once or twice daily, to see what is posted. I will have a couple of hunting projects going on this spring and summer (hopefully) and I intend to get photos, and do a basic build along as I go. Time and money will limit what I can do, but I will try. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Well how about round some up and send them to South Carolina!!!!! I'm seeing more deer, than turkeys. I'm also seeing some damn bobcat tracks, might just have to do some SSS!!!!!!!!!!!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:57 pm

First, it was the arguments and bantering here, then it was the log-in problems where Im asked to log-in at least twice before I can get in, and no one wants to share any good information on hunting. I still come and read whats new every once in awhile. The Wisconsin forum lost many of its informative members too because of Retch and whoever else is there blowing their horn all the time. Sad to see this place the way it is.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:56 am

Jslotter wrote:First, it was the arguments and bantering here, then it was the log-in problems where Im asked to log-in at least twice before I can get in, and no one wants to share any good information on hunting. I still come and read whats new every once in awhile. The Wisconsin forum lost many of its informative members too because of Retch and whoever else is there blowing their horn all the time. Sad to see this place the way it is.

I am in agreement with you Jslotter. Lot of mean spirited arguments recently and also while I'm not from Wisconsin, the crossbow issue being discussed there his particularly nasty. Retch and whoever the new guy is that is imitating him have a style of writing that can be infuriating at times.
I have about had it with the logging in issues that I'm having too. (maybe I've been banned and don't know it.) 8-)
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:22 am

I'm here. Sorry I haven't checked in. I was out at camp turkey hunting. There was a knot in the string and the tin cans weren't working like they should, so I barely got email while I was out there. I finally fixed it Sunday, but then it was time to go back to work.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:27 am

Oh, come one shaman, tell the truth now. You've been running with your dogs down the poop pipe because they made it seem like so much fun!

Combine that with the recent time change and I'm surprised that you even were able to chime in now! :mrgreen:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Funny you should mention the poop pipe. Overall, the dogs have a lot less noise to deal with. The new poop pipe is buried a foot lower. However, I got to Turkey Camp a week ago Friday and I was sitting out at the Thoughtful Spot, sipping my scotch, and Angus went in the house and flushed.

All of a sudden there was this noise at the end of the pipe. I guess a pebble had gotten in the pipe and the steeper fall made the water rush faster into the corrugated pipe. Anyhow there was this loud noise, as the flush hit the end of the buried pipe and came out into the corrugated. The dogs were surprised and ran to the edge of the yard and barked at the noise at it disappeared down the hill. That, in turn, set off the coyotes, and their howling set off the dogs over on the next ridge. Next thing you know, the SW end of Bracken County was filled with barking dogs. Lights were coming on, here and there, on distant ridges-- all from Angus flushing!!!

Have I said recently how much I love the country?
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:48 pm

That's awesome Shaman.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions