OHIO RUT REPORT

FFKEVIN

RE: OHIO RUT REPORT

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:04 pm

[font=tahoma]Man, you guys are getting me excited with all the rut reports.  I've been laid up for the past week with a sinus infection, double ear infection, and severe sore throat.  I hope these antibiotics kick in soon, I'm dying to get out there and hunt...[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]Good luck everyone and BLOODY HANDS!!![/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

snbtaxidermy

Postby snbtaxidermy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:59 am

Sorry to hear that Kevin.Hope you get better man. Everyone in my house has been sick. Was my youngest little girl then my oldest now my wife. Im bound to be next.lol

ohio_giant_hunter

Postby ohio_giant_hunter » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:17 am

On November 15th i was out and about, scouting a small piece of property (about 50 acres) where i plan to take two kids on the youth hunt and seen where a buck tore up a field that is about 1.5 acres. This Big Boy has scrapes that are as big as a dining room table and he is making rubs on trees that is big around as a basketball. I couldn't believe my eyes. No doubt the rut is in full swing.

derhunt

Postby derhunt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:37 pm

Hey guys..I have seen some bucks chassing does but its not really aggressive yet..I have had them come crashing in to my stand area when I hit the can call but nothing big enough to shoot..I have seen some monster scapes and rubs...just waiting for a shooter.I might just have to use up the doe tag..

ohiohunter

Postby ohiohunter » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:20 am

Yesterday i was hunting at my grandparents house and saw 10 does and 1 small buck running around with them.  But on my way home, i was driving down my road at about 8 pm and just coming out of the ditch was a doe.  i waited as it ran by and then the surprise of my life walked by.  A 13 pointer with about 6 in droptine walked in front of my truck.  I have never seen this deer but i called my neighbor and he said he saw it once in velvet. I am only 17 and the youth hunt is tommorrow so i am planning on sitting out all day and hoping someone will jump him up and have him running around so i get a shot.  Ill keep you all posted!! 

derhunt

Postby derhunt » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:48 pm

went out this morning and saw 5 nice bucks all just out of bow range or in the brush,seen the last two come out together they started to fight a little, I had does all around me so calling was not going to work.after the bucks left I decided to take a doe.I got a bad shot off (dont know what happend) she was quartering away from me but the arrow went over and off to the right side of the hind quarter I seen about half of the fletchings sticking out when she ran off she was not moving her front shoulder.I waited and then heard a loud crash..got down and left the area..came back with a friend about 3 hours later..we found alot of blood and the broadhead with about 3 inchs of arrow. we tacked her out to a grass field and lost the blood..we marked the last of the blood and went down the tree line looking for more blood we seen her get up and stumble in to the cut corn field she was not moving fast at all.we seen fall down on her side hard..we waited over an hour and circled over to the other side of the field..we did not want her to go on to the next property. when we got sight of her again she was laying on her side with her head on the ground,we watched for a few minutes and slowly walked up to her..she got up and ran off..we thought for sure she was down she ended up going onto the property that we was trying to keep her away from. we knew at that point that we messed up nobody is allowed on this propertyand she was back up and gone..after looking back I know we should have waited but the amount of blood and the color and the way she fell down fooled us...

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:29 am

Yesterday was the first time I've been out since before the 7th without seeing any bucks.  the last three weeks have been not stop action.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Hatchetman7169

Postby Hatchetman7169 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:02 am

Man, as I reported on the 6th, the rutting seemed to pick up that day, forecasted by some TV show, Deer and Deer Hunter, ever here of them ha ha. Well, they were right. I saw 5 does the first day being followed by a big buck. On the 6th in the afternoon, we went to Tar Hollow and I saw 6 seperate bucks, biggest maybe in the 160 area. I couldn't get a shot off. Man, who says public land isn't good. Never saw another car or hunter.

We went 5 more times, and 3 out of 5 times I saw great bucks, but couldn't shoot. I have to adjust my position. I'm a ground hunter only, but I see it as a challenge, not a disability. Hope to get one soon.
"Hunting deer means enjoying God's countryside while you are at it".

bigrock109

Postby bigrock109 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Around here the rut is going good Nov 2nd i had 8 bucks come under me an i shot a monster 10point with a rage about 20yards away an wow what a hole ran about 40yards an fell over dead he was fighting with another buck in a corn field an i grunted him right in

Previous

Return to Ohio