Outdoor Career

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
largemouth19

Outdoor Career

Postby largemouth19 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 pm

I know there is a lot of opportunity for volunteer work in the outdoor field, especially when it comes to children, which I wish I could do more of. But does anyone know of career opportunities? I have a degree in Outdoor Recreation/Outdoor Education but since I graduated college I have only found retail positions and I am frankly sick of it. I want to do something that involves my degree and that I am passionate about. I would really love to teach children outdoor skills in a hope to keep our outdoor heritage alive. I have been told if I moved some where like Colorado I would find a career similar to this in a heart beat. However, I want to stay near my home in Michigan in the Metro Detroit and surrounding areas. Any suggestions anyone in our community of Deer and Deer Hunting could give me would be awesome. Thanks friends.

rthomas4

Re: Outdoor Career

Postby rthomas4 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:03 am

Don't you need survivor skills to live in the Detroit area, and isn't all you have to do for a living up there is make it to the welfare office to sign up????????? What can you hunt up there, other than street punks and gang bangers???????

Besides, I don't believe anyone wants to move to Colorado right now, it's headed in the same direction as Detroit and Chicago.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Return to Off Topic