Looking for new neighbors

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Ohio farms

Re: Looking for new neighbors

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:29 am

I have to say that the property looks beautiful. I hope good people will turn out to be you new neighbors.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 am

pickleguy wrote:Shaman
Do you have any idea how much Wally is asking for the 100 acres.
My brother just moved to Versallies & between him & I we could have some intrest. What is the address?
It is only 1 1/2 drive for him to look at it.

Thanks
Bruce

PM sent.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:34 am

Yep. Bracken County was a big tobacco producer. When the tobacco went away, a lot of guys stopped farming. As a result, there is a lot of fallow acerage and a LOT of deer.

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:57 am

Ohio farms wrote:I have to say that the property looks beautiful. I hope good people will turn out to be you new neighbors.

Mind you, Wally's is just one of the places near me for sale. There are similar plots of about 18 to 100 acres around me that are for sale.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:05 am

Here in SC land prices are at a premium, whether it's for sale or lease due to the North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida non-resident hunters who have increased the prices from a few dollars an acre to $3000.00 or more. These non-residents come here and price the locals right out of the market for decent hunting lands, and then are trying to eliminate dog hunting, and institute limits on the number of deer we can kill. I'd love to see the price of a non-resident license go up drastically, along with prohibitions on out of state hunters leasing or buying land. I'd also like to see the non-resident license restrict them to hunting with a a guide or outfitter and having a one per sex limit on the number of deer they could kill per year.

I fail to understand people who come to SC to hunt because of our liberal limits and what used to be low cost hunting lands, then they try to change us into the same as the states they came from. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if non-resident hunting licenses were eliminated and out of state hunters banned from SC.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Previous

Return to General Discussions