Buck Bomb

BROWNING7WSM

Buck Bomb

Postby BROWNING7WSM » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:33 am

Any one tried one of these?..  If so, what kind of success did you have, if any?  I know nothing is full proof, just wondering if any one believes the "Bomb" gave them success. 

PrairieShadow

RE: Buck Bomb

Postby PrairieShadow » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:06 am

I believe there was a post on this topic awhile back and people thought that they worked fairly well.

Ill see if i can find it for you.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:23 pm

We tried one a few days ago on a property that we hunt. I haven't seen one deer on the property all year and I must have been there a half dozen times. We blew a bomb off. I small buck came into the property. I am not sure if it had anything to do with it or not. Could be a coincidence.[8|] -side note- Craziest buck I even seen. 3 on one side and a spike on the other. Real mangy looking too. Must have been sick or something. I couldn't get a shot.
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Got a buddy of mine who swears by them, so i tried one out albeit it was probably too early in the season.  I used the dominent buck bomb scent and had no luck.  Haven't tried it sense then and have been using Golden Estrus on a scent wick which seems to do the trick in bringing them in.

BROWNING7WSM

Postby BROWNING7WSM » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:29 pm

Walmart here has them on sale for $2.50 a can so i'm going to get a few and try them. Guess it can't hurt.

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:26 am

ORIGINAL: BROWNING7WSM

Walmart here has them on sale for $2.50 a can so i'm going to get a few and try them. Guess it can't hurt.

Wow! Thats a great deal!
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

Jdbllung

Postby Jdbllung » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:31 pm

I used a "doe in heat" can and the "dominant buck".  It was raining pretty good when I used the doe scent and didn't see anything that day.  The following Sat. I used the buck scent with some rattling and had a real nice 8 come in but never offered me a good shot, plus he wasn't the one I was really looking for.  When I see this stuff on sale somewhere I will definetly be buying some more, at 5-6 dollars a can at some places it's a little pricey.
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

GetDirty

Postby GetDirty » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:42 pm

I use them alot.  They work great as cover scent.  I can usually make a can last two hunts just dont lock tab when you spray.

Another thing I have found is that the doe in heat while gets the bucks in will scare the does.  Dont use it if you are meat hunting.

sv2112

Postby sv2112 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:50 pm

I never heard of it, but i always had great luck with plain ol doe urine.IF and i do mean IF it is allowable by your state there are many other ways that are often frowned upon ,baiting in otherwords. i never baited but i did feed the animals in hard winters with mineral salt,alfalfa,dried whole corn and so on. but only then and i never hunted on that land.

Life Insurance | Life Assurance

prohunter

Postby prohunter » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:40 am

I have tried the buck bombs before and did'nt see nothing, but i have used that deer urine called code red and stuff does work, i killed a nice 7 point with it and watched the buck smell where i put it and start flemming.was pretty cool to watch.
So i can vouch that code red does work.
JIM
take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids.

Next

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators