Pretty Cool

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
willypete

Re: Pretty Cool

Postby willypete » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:47 pm

You can't shoot a Albino deer in Wisconsin, but if it is a piebald and has enough brown you can shoot it...I think not sure..

There was a Albino Buck on a deer farm near Bruce, WI and it always had brown not white...so I think it varys. Though last time I went by that farm it had nothing there. Not sure what happened...maybe disease.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:20 pm

I never thought the antlers would be white as well. I'm trying to remember, but I thought I recall seeing an albino picture somewhere with dark antlers.
He sure would be hard to hunt in the snow. I used to hunt snow-shoe rabbits in Mich. with dogs. You had to be quick. That was much fun.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

DEER30

Postby DEER30 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:36 pm

That is a fantastic picture! and what a buck! Even if you can shoot this deer legally, I once heard an old wives tale that shooting an albino or piebald deer will bring you bad luck in the woods thereafter. Something to consider......good luck turning that deer down if it should stroll past your stand!

herrey

Postby herrey » Wed May 23, 2012 3:46 am

Wow,
Looking awesome ,
Now i admitted while taking shoot high resolution Cameras is used,because all deer are faraway and how clear these photos.

stevenjackson

Postby stevenjackson » Wed May 01, 2013 4:33 am

scottflesher wrote:
1.jpg

Family friend has this on his farm. Pretty neat.

sweet , somehow I missed this awhile back

rainbow

Postby rainbow » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:46 am

Really cool, nice picture!

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:59 am

Most of the albino and piebalds I've seen had small, irregular racks and bodies. This deer appears to be a true albino, but they are extremely rare; however, white deer are not as uncommon in certain areas of the country. My question is: In the states that don't allow hunters to kill albinos, what about white deer and piebalds, or even the other extreme of black deer?????
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:17 pm

I think (and I'll stress THINK) that it's illegal to kill any all white/albino deer in Illinois. However, piebalds and melanic deer are fair game...

Albino deer are pretty cool, but I don't think they should be illegal to kill. It's a recessive gene, so EVERY deer you kill has a possibilty of producing an albino offspring if it happens to have the right gene and pass it along to another deer with the right gene... If I ever had the chance to kill a really unusually colored deer I think I'd have to make me a rug or a blanket to hang on the wall or something.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Previous

Return to Photo Corner