Salute To Everyday Hunter!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

Salute To Everyday Hunter!

Postby Woods Walker » Sun May 05, 2013 8:38 pm

Everyday Hunter....Steve Sorensen.....has an article at the very end of the recent edition of Deer and Deer Hunting called "Just Once".

I would like to commend him on an excellent piece of writing, and speaking as the father of a grown daughter myself, in this man's opinion he hit it out of the park! I took my daughter hunting with me from when she was little. Deer, ducks and geese. She not only went with me, but she helped me skin and butcher our deer (at our house we don't "process" game, we BUTCHER it!), and pluck ducks and geese, as well as pheasants and other game.

As she grew older she developed other interests in sports and such, but she always liked to shoot with me, both bows and firearms. Today she is a Washington based reporter editor for an online publication that caters to agribusiness. She was on a recent trip where they had to cover the poultry industry, and part of the deal was touring a processing plant. They started to advise her that she might find it a little disturbing abd she just laughed and told them that she was plucking feathers and flinging guts from when she was little so there was no need to worry. That's my kid!

EDH.....I did like you did. I exposed her to all of this, not forced. If she took to it fine. When she get's more settled she does want to hunt....birds most likely, as she loves dogs and dog work. Maybe someday she'll deer hunt too. But either way, no one will ever be able to feed her a line of malarky about hunting because she knows better. If I did nothing else right I taught her that!

You did good. Be proud of her!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Everyday Hunter

Re: Salute To Everyday Hunter!

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue May 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Thanks, WW! Somehow, I hit the right keys on that one!

And that's not all. On Saturday I won an award for another article I had in Deer & Deer Hunting, published in the September, 2012 issue -- "The Deer Scrape and Old Spice".
Check out the photo (I'm the one on the right):

The award was "Best Magazine Feature" given by the Pennsylvania Outdoor Writers Association.

Steve.
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue May 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Well done, Sir, well done! ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Wed May 08, 2013 3:40 am

Well done Steve.
Keep those articles coming and we'll keep readin' them

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed May 08, 2013 7:47 am

FIne job! Congrats
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed May 08, 2013 10:19 am

Excellent!
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Return to General Discussions