New member...kinda new to hunting

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Topdogg

New member...kinda new to hunting

Postby Topdogg » Wed May 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi all...im new to the forums and Ive been deer hunting for 2 and a half seasons. Just sharing a little background info. First off let me say something that might sound stupid. Im a black hunter and a lot of ppl look at me funny when I say that I love deer hunting. A lot of ppl actually think that im joking when I say that I hunt. My buddy at work had been trying to get me to try it for years, so imfinally tried it one year in december...boy was it cold out..I went out 3 times and didnt see a thing. On the 4th evening I had 4 does come in but I couldn't get a shot. Ive never had my heart pound so hard. After that I was hooked and I bought a used bow and usednthat untilmlast fr7day when a bought me a new Hoyt, and man does it shoot like a dream. All I think about is hunting and hunting some more. Well im done rambling, just wanted to share a little.

kellory

Re: New member...kinda new to hunting

Postby kellory » Wed May 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Welcome Topdogg. The only color that matters is camo. ;) You will find like minds here, and more deer hunting knowledge, than you ever thought you didn't know. There is a search box at the top left of each forum section (for that section), and feel free to ask questions of anyone. Enjoy. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Topdogg

Postby Topdogg » Wed May 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Thx for the warm welcome

1-GTOHunter

Postby 1-GTOHunter » Wed May 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Welcome to D & DH Topdogg,all that matters is You Love to go out in the Outdoors and You Love Hunting and respect the Game You Hunt!Bow Hunting takes much more time and skill to Harvest a Deer,it will make You a much more Patient Hunter and hopefully You'll get a chance at Rifle Hunting also?We can all learn more about Hunting from each others experiences wether we are Beginners or Seasoned Hunters.....always strive to learn more,try new things and enjoy being outside watching all the Wildlife!

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Welcome. Down here in the low country of SC, there are huge numbers of black guys that both deer hunt and coon hunt with hounds. As a matter of fact, I'm currently trying to get into one of the predominantly black hunting clubs due to the quality of their hunting land and the fact that they have some of the best hounds in the area! Hunting isn't a color thing, except for the color of camo, so welcome to the brotherhood!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu May 23, 2013 6:22 am

Welcome to the forum TD, glad to have you aboard! Lots of great info and person's are found here!

Topdogg wrote: Ive never had my heart pound so hard. .

Pretty neat isn't it?? That feeling happens every time.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Return to General Discussions