Young buck shows up at house

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
stevenjackson

Young buck shows up at house

Postby stevenjackson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:35 am

I'd assume this guy does live in the country and the buck is just confused, cool footage if so.

http://huntervids.com/videos/young-whitetail-buck-surprise-visit/

kellory

Re: Young buck shows up at house

Postby kellory » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:37 am

Very cool. Those cuts are most likely the result of getting caught in barbed-wire, or chain-link, while trying to force it's way under the fence. If nothing else, you have a test subject for food plots and scent control! See what he really likes besides bread. molasses, honey, grapes, persimmons, acorns, popcorn, ect. you have a rare opportunity for research. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

MZS

Re: Young buck shows up at house

Postby MZS » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:15 pm

I had a spike buck walk up to within 6 ft of me when I was hunting. I scared it off, and as I was wrapping up 1/2 hr later he was back. I have had a few others like this while on the road jogging. One spike buck stood on the side of the road as I jogged by. A doe ran at me and veer off at the last moment. And I have had a few run along side in the field as I jogged. They can get a bit goofy on occasion! Deer this "friendly" make me nervous - these are the types that suddenly get up on their hind legs and start punching divots in your chest.

This fawn in the video, however, appears to be quite tame. Perhaps it was raised by humans.

Return to General Discussions