Moultrie Stands by their Cameras

DEER30

Moultrie Stands by their Cameras

Postby DEER30 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:07 pm

I have mentioned on here before how I personally love Moultrie game cameras, but now I also love their service. I had three cameras (2 - 5yrs old) that were in need of some repair. I sent them back to Moultrie out of warranty. I received an e-mail in less than a week that 1 camera needed a new control display (repaired for $40), another was cleared without issue. Apparently mixing memory cards can "confuse" the writing codes. Using a new card should take care of everything. The last one had internal water damage. I had asked for its control display to be replaced (again $40). But the very nice woman eplained that the internal workings could go out at any time and the camera would be useless. So she offered me a selection of replacement cameras at discounted prices. I got a M100 mini cam for $100. All three cameras were returned to me in less than 2 wks from when I shipped them out.

Despite being out of warranty, Moultrie gave an honest assessment, repaired what they could, worked with me to keep me satisfied, and did it all in a very quick turn around. Just had to share this with Yall!

1-GTOHunter

Re: Moultrie Stands by their Cameras

Postby 1-GTOHunter » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:22 pm

I've noticed too that they have been much better about answering Customers calls and helping trouble shoot problems with their trail cameras,I called and talked with a very nice Young Lady also and She took the time to walk me thru my M-100 and in the end I'm going to have to send it in to be repaired or replaced because of my silly mistake of putting the SD card in backwards and messing it up! :roll:

Still they treated me nicely and I know it's not going to be a simple hardware fix and They are making it good even tho I was the cause of the problem....and I have several Moultrie Trail Cameras among other brands that I run year round and thoroughly enjoy using and watching wildlife with!

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:04 am

If they are that good, I have about 3 or 4 I need to send to them.

Wildlife Innovations and Wild Game Nation cameras are just wastes of money. I have a couple of each that might have lasted 6 months each. I also have a Bushnell that was a piece of crap. The best camera I own is an old flash model cuddeback that uses "D" cell batteries. It takes the best pictures day or night, and the color and clarity is super. I bought mine on sale several years ago, and wish I had another half dozen or so of the same model. Unfortunately it's no longer manufactured.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

1-GTOHunter

Postby 1-GTOHunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:37 am

Give them a call Rthomas4...at least You can find out what they can do for You or get a price on getting them fixed?

I have an older Cuddeback Capture (White Flash) and it takes some of the nicest color pictures also...I can't figure out why a simple 3 megapixel camera does do good compared to say a 6,8 or 10 MP camera?

Now my Moultrie I-60 that has 6 megapixels does pretty good on pic quality but my I-35 and D-55 IR both are poor to fair in quality on pictures?My M-80 and M-100 are both pretty good in quality pictures!

Most Trail Cameras need good fresh high quality batteries and an SD card that new or cleaned out,we usually make the mistake of using SD cards in several different trail cameras and they get formatted to 1 and won't work properly in others even if it's the same Brand.

ChasinTails27

Postby ChasinTails27 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:18 pm

I would have to agree that Moultrie definitely stands behind its products. I have had multiple cameras get torn up by bears and called Moultrie and told them what had happened and they were very willing to work with me and get me new cameras at at discounted price.

stillcallsmeson

Postby stillcallsmeson » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:44 pm

Does anyone have the Moultrie Game Spy D55IR? I'm bidding on one right now and would like some input on it.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:58 am

I have three of them and one of the A-5 IR models, along with one Cuddy flash. The D55IR takes fantastic day time pictures, and depending on how close to the camera the animals are, the night time photos may be great, or not so good. One of mine has a problem with the digital screen not working; but it still takes pictures with no problem, I just switch it to the set up mode to turn it on and off for card removal. One of the others will not reset the correct time, it stays one hour off during daylight savings time, but that's not a big deal since I simply know that it's an hour off. The A-5 model, takes the crispest, clearest pictures of all of the Moultries, and I actually paid less for it than the others (but it's also the newest of all my cameras). None of them can equal the cuddy for picture quality and color, nor can they match the speed of the cuddy.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

stillcallsmeson

Postby stillcallsmeson » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:51 pm

I ended up purchasing the Moultrie D-333. Got it brand new for a decent price. It's still in route to the house, but it seemed to have good reviews. One thing I didn't like about the A-5 was that it didn't give a temp reading for each pic, but that's not a huge deal I guess. Any opinions on the D-333?

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm not familiar with that model. I guess temp. readings might be important up North, but not so much down here. We had bucks chasing does in late August, and according to some trail cam pictures I had on the cards I pulled Friday, they're still fighting, and chasing down here. I've even seen fresh rubs and scrapes. I think as long as the bucks are in hard antler they will rut 'til they shed their antlers, especially if some of the late doe fawns begin to come into heat. I've seen spotted fawns as early as the end of March, and as late as Thanksgiving.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:17 am

stillcallsmeson wrote:I ended up purchasing the Moultrie D-333. Got it brand new for a decent price. It's still in route to the house, but it seemed to have good reviews. One thing I didn't like about the A-5 was that it didn't give a temp reading for each pic, but that's not a huge deal I guess. Any opinions on the D-333?

Just looked up some reviews.
Decent price ($90)
Many said night time range could be better, but its adequate, and pic quality adequate
great battery life.
Biggest con was 1000's of pics of grass moving and not able to change the sensitivity
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras