Antler Growth

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
mhouck06

Re: Antler Growth

Postby mhouck06 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:16 pm

kellory wrote:
charlie 01 wrote:Is it just me or is there something different about his right hind leg? To me, in every pic, it seems to be narrower, or smaller in circumference than the left. It's too bad you don't have video to see how he walks or at least a shot from different a angle.

I agree. he might have been hit by a car at some point. He stands like he is taking pressure off of it. Good catch.

could help explain his antlers difference left vs right

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:30 pm

mhouck06 wrote:
kellory wrote:
charlie 01 wrote:Is it just me or is there something different about his right hind leg? To me, in every pic, it seems to be narrower, or smaller in circumference than the left. It's too bad you don't have video to see how he walks or at least a shot from different a angle.

I agree. he might have been hit by a car at some point. He stands like he is taking pressure off of it. Good catch.

could help explain his antlers difference left vs right

i have heard it said, that injury to a rear leg effects growth of the other side antler.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

croz2173

Postby croz2173 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:19 am

Nice catch guys I hadnt noticed that. I have a ton more pics so I'll have to investigate.

jwasted

Postby jwasted » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:20 am

Nice looking buck there

Previous

Return to Photo Corner