Coyote removal help deer ?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
rthomas4

Re: Coyote removal help deer ?

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:12 am

Thankfully we don't have groundhogs down here, and the rabbit population has already suffered from the coyote predation. I'm even seeing fewer and fewer bobcats and fox, and my turkeys have disappeared. Between the coyotes, coy dogs, and feral dogs, the fawns aren't standing a chance. The weather has been so bad I haven't been able to get out and hunt 'em (we've had over 22 inches of rain since June 10th, and it's almost a constant thunder storm going on, everyday).
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

1-GTOHunter

Postby 1-GTOHunter » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Stay after the Coyotes and don't give up,each time You put a Coyote down Your saving a Fawn or Turkeys life.We have Predator/Coyote Contest around here and a Friend of mine and Myself have been hunting them for the last 3 years steadily and have put down several to help the local Farmers and Deer Hunters.

Years ago You didn't see or hear of many Hunters primarily Hunting Predators and there are less and less Trappers out there.I always give my Coyotes to the local Trappers if the fur is good so they don't waste and We have had a lot of local Land Owners let Us hunt for Predators on Property we could never go on...it helps keep the Coyote population down and protect other wild Game we Hunt and Predator/Coyote Hunting is an Awesome Sport to do in the Off-Season!

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:32 am

Most of the 'yotes we kill down here are eat up with mange. If we do manage to kill one that isn't, then they smell so damn bad no one wants to mess with skinning 'em.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

droptinehunter1

Postby droptinehunter1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:01 am

I've heard the only thing a coyote won't eat is a lawyer,,,,, leaves a bad taste in their mouth. :

droptinehunter1

Postby droptinehunter1 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:19 pm

So far every mature doe I have spotted has had at least one fawn,,,, last year there was several that had no young ones by their side. Also seeing many more rabbits.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:44 pm

I just won an eBay auction for 10 #2 victor leg hold traps. I took this step for a couple of reasons. 1) I'm tired of seeing more yotes, and less deer. 2)if I can help protect the deer herd, and possibly sell the hides in the process, then all to the better. And even if they do not sell, perhaps they will make a rug for my hunting cabin. 3) it is a tradition, and a way of life, that should not die out, through neglect, or lack of interest. And 4) If Obama, screws the economy any future, it may be nessisary, to continue eating. If nothing else, it is a tool like a fish trap, that work to help feed your family, even when you are busy elsewhere.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to General Discussions