Rangefinder

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
dollarbill300

Rangefinder

Postby dollarbill300 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:59 pm

This is going to sound like a really stupid question. Rangefinders are not just for use with a rifle, they can be used with a shotgun? The reason I am asking is because alot of what I see about them says for use with rifle or bow hunting.

kellory

Re: Rangefinder

Postby kellory » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:44 pm

The only truly stupid question, is an un-asked one. All a range finder does is.....find the range. it reads the distance between the rangefinder and the target it is aimed at. How you reach across that distance, is entirely up to you.
Now, that being said, some high dollar scopes, include a rangefinder. And that scope, may or may not be able to take the shock of a shotgun VS a rifle.
So, if you are going that route, then make sure the scope is rated for the weapon it is to be used on. If it is a hand held rangefinder, it can be used with any weapon. It is only there, to let YOU know, what distance you need to adjust for.
Hope that helped. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

gatodoc

Re: Rangefinder

Postby gatodoc » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:33 pm

I use my Nikon golf laser rangefinder when bowhunting....it has the compensator that gives you actual distance and functional distance depending on elevation....

Don't use it for gun hunting because I've never had a shot over 200 yards where I hunt....

Return to General Discussions