strange question about bow strings

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
unclebuck

strange question about bow strings

Postby unclebuck » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:18 pm

Hey guys...this will be my 2nd year bow hunting. Last year I bought an old browning bow for $50 and put on new sights, rest, quiver, and bow string. This year I think I may buy a new 2013 pse stinger 3G. From what I've read its a good bow at a low price, which is what I'm looking for. I've also read that the string on these bows are junk, so is it possible for me to put the new $100 string from my old bow onto this new pse bow? I'd hate to pay that much for a new string and not use it. Thanks for any help.

mhouck06

Re: strange question about bow strings

Postby mhouck06 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:08 am

No, you probably wont be able to use the string from last year. The PSE is a solo cam bow.. That alone will prevent you from using the string from last year because the browning probably had two cams.. The string length has to be exact for the individual bow anyway.. If you buy the PSE you should make it through the season with the stock string, then get it replaced after the season.

unclebuck

Postby unclebuck » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:22 am

mhouck06 wrote:No, you probably wont be able to use the string from last year. The PSE is a solo cam bow.. That alone will prevent you from using the string from last year because the browning probably had two cams.. The string length has to be exact for the individual bow anyway.. If you buy the PSE you should make it through the season with the stock string, then get it replaced after the season.

Sounds good, Thanks.

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:06 am

I bought a PSE three years ago. I try to shoot about 24 arrows every day from July to end of Sept. I have had no trouble with the string. I keep it waxed well (but don't use to much as it will build up on the cams) Checked it this year and it looks as good as when I bought the bow.
Doug

Return to Archery and Bowhunting