is this the right thing to do?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
luvhuntin

is this the right thing to do?

Postby luvhuntin » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 pm

http://www.wisn.com/news/armed-agents-r ... index.html

Wisconsin had a problem with a baby deer. I`ll say it right now I hate to see an animal killed for no reason other than the state did not want you involved with it`s wildlife, I had a run in of my own with the DNR last year and was furious about it, still am, so i may not have a clear perspective is`nt there another way? I doubt they even made use of what meat was available, at least let someone dispose of it the most natural way possible. It really boils my blood when they throw out the disease and hazard to humans line also, I know it`s possible, it just seems like such a cop out only to deflect public outrage.

I know budgets are tight and if they take care of one then everyone will be dropping them off, but keep it quiet and let a deer grow i say.

MZS

Re: is this the right thing to do?

Postby MZS » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:30 am

They said they had to kill the animal, by law so I can understand that. And what they are trying to do here is insure that some animal raised in non-wild conditions that are not closely regulated does not get released into the wild to spread some odd disease, hence the law. But to go in with 13 armed law enforcment/dnr officials? Wow, what were they expecting? This was the Society of St. Francis Animal home, not a crack house. Quite an embarrassment I would say, particularly since this story is getting world-wide attention now.

unclebuck

Postby unclebuck » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:14 pm

I hope the DNR officials feel good about themselves. Way to go guys :roll: Kinda makes me think twice about the bluegill I kept in my fish tank as a kid.

shaman

Postby shaman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:39 pm

It is hard to believe someone at DNR didn't look at their plan and say "Guys, this ain't going to turn out right. Let's rethink this a bit."

Dumb.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:12 am

I agree that the actions of the DNR were reprehensible, but we also have to look at the real people who are responsible for this. The people who took the fawn to the animal shelter are the ones who are at the most fault in this. They obviously know absolutely nothing about wildlife, and especially how does protect their fawns by leaving them and keeping an eye on them from a little distance away. Secondly, the animal shelter knew what the laws are, and they should have forced the people to return the fawn to the place they took it from.

I do have to wonder if that's all the DNR and the local Sheriff's Department have to worry about in that part of Wisconsin; and why didn't they also kill the goose?????
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Return to General Discussions