These message boards!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Topdogg

These message boards!

Postby Topdogg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:02 am

This message board has to be the best message board that I have ever been on. Most message boards are full of ppl that bash ppl for asking questions if they don't know something. I don't see that here too often. Just had to get that off of my chest and let ppl know that I appreciate all the responses that I get even though I'm a "green" hunter

shaman

Re: These message boards!

Postby shaman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:21 am

Thank you for my small part in all it. You made my day.

Most us that post here regularly have been sitting on the stump, one way or the other, for decades. I don't claim to be all that much of an expert, but I figure it is a long trail and it is just polite to turn around and yell back to those coming up behind when I see a dog pile ahead. Lord knows I've stepped in my share.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:40 am

Topdogg wrote:This message board has to be the best message board that I have ever been on. Most message boards are full of ppl that bash ppl for asking questions if they don't know something. I don't see that here too often. Just had to get that off of my chest and let ppl know that I appreciate all the responses that I get even though I'm a "green" hunter

We had a few, they finally left.It happens on the interweb. ;)

This board is one of the most informative I have encountered. Everyone has so much to offer here. Years of knowledge and experiences, from all regions and walks of life. Two thumbs up!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:11 pm

I am currently working on getting a friend of mine online. He is a life long hunter, of the old school and has throat cancer, and finds talking difficult. He has a wealth of knowledge to share though, and can type just fine. One more resource to add to the pool of knowledge.;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm active on several forums where people are willing to share information. What isn't normal is for someone to actually come back and thank folks for helping them. I don't know how many times I've seen one post wonders ask a question, get a dozen or more answers, only to never be heard from again!

Thank you, for acknowledging the responses.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Its nice when someone asks questions... Keeps things from getting dull.
There is a lot of good guys here with a ton of knowledge

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:18 am

it is nice when things go smoothly ;)
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

1-GTOHunter

Postby 1-GTOHunter » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:39 pm

It's nice to see New Hunters using and appreciating Hunting Advice....it makes it much more worth it and nice to know We can help others out,and We learn a lot from the New Hunters who look at things in a fresh new prospective!

soberhunter

Postby soberhunter » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:22 am

As a newer hunter, I also am grateful to have all of the info and experience at my fingertips. Thanks

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:02 am

We do have our moments with a few topics that tweak emotions, but for the vast majority of the time there is a lot of support and information given out. It also gets better as the season gets closer. Enjoy your time here.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Return to General Discussions