help on arrows

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
spikebuster

help on arrows

Postby spikebuster » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:53 am

Hey ya'll, hoping someone here could help me out.

Has anyone tried those new deer crossing archery arrows? I tried searching the forum but no one had mentioned them i had to join today to ask this. i'm a 30" draw at 70# and thinking about going with the 350 or 400 spine, which would be better? I'm going to be in CO elk hunting this fall so i dont know if i want a really hard hitting set up or a really fast one, i'm pretty new to archery. They have a SD arrow coming out so i've hear, are those normally heavier? i'd appreciate any help as to what arrow of theirs i should get.

charlie 01

Re: help on arrows

Postby charlie 01 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:15 am

That's a long draw and heavy poundage, I would think something with a good spine number would be needed. I'm at 29 1/2 " but not that much poundage these days, but in the past I could get away with arrows with a lesser spine weight than recomended. I'm "old schooled" and try many different arrows and spine weights till I find the one I feel shoots the best. But then I like a heavy broad head. I believe one should experiment to find his own combination of equipment that performs to his likeing.

Have not heard anything about deer crossing archery arrows. I tend to stick to brands that have a good history, like Carbon Express, but that's just me.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

weedsnager

Postby weedsnager » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:59 pm

the guys on archerytalk.com love the Dca arrows

spikebuster

Postby spikebuster » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:25 am

Hey guys. i ended up trying these arrows out and i LOVE them! Great CS and great arrows and a really good price. i was a little hesitant because they were so new, but now a lot of people shoot them and everyone that does loves them. just thought i'd let yall know that i ended up getting them. Thanks!

lil wrangler

Postby lil wrangler » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:54 am

looking at Deer Crossing's site, these "look" like nice arrows, and the pathfinder wraps are just dang cool! I'm thinking of placing an order. If anyone else has tried these things, please give review. at $50-$80/DOZEN, that's about unbeatable!! Interested to know just how good they are?
Bear Outbreak/60lb/25" draw/stock Trophy Ridge sight, rest, stabilizer, and quiver/lefty :D

lil wrangler

Postby lil wrangler » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:26 am

looking on AT, it does seem these got nice reviews...unless you want to be a dealer in Canada, lol. but as for us in the US, i think these are probably a real nice deal
Bear Outbreak/60lb/25" draw/stock Trophy Ridge sight, rest, stabilizer, and quiver/lefty :D

Return to General Discussions