2013 Reports/Updates

Sailfish

2013 Reports/Updates

Postby Sailfish » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Fawn drop is starting in my Zone A area.
Planned on going down to the new property this w/e, but its my daughters b-day.
I still have to pick up a few stands anyways, so hopefully next w/e i can get down there and have it ready for July opener.
Couple pics here from the landowner. He says they saw 2 nice 8's and a busted 9 running around the end last season.
Hopefully they made it.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Sailfish

Re: 2013 Reports/Updates

Postby Sailfish » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:13 am

been over a month with the mineral ive been putting out.
For certain the cows love it :lol:
I've got pics of deer as well visiting.
I put it out on the new zone A property and the deer hit it first night (no game cam here yet)
I've found some cattle free areas in Zone B to retry.Hopefully that'll pan out nicer.
Also may work on small food plot in a sunny patch inside the woods. Not large, but if the seed will take off, it is an wooded corridor between bedding/feeding

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:47 am

RAIN! RAIN! Lots of it.
Put a dampner on driving back in the woods thats for sure.
It does appear to be finally drying out a bit.
Left one camera in a spot now for many many weeks.
Shooting for this coming w/e to get out to it.
Have a couple shooting lanes I never got to cut that need tending to ASAP

Did see a 3pt and a 4pt in velvet in Zone A.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:08 am

We've had almost 56 inches of rain, since June 10th, so my food plots are pretty scraggly, since most of them got washed away. I haven't checked my cameras in about 3 weeks, but I did have two nice 10 points, several good 8s, a couple of 6s, and a lot of spikes and forks. One of the 10s looks like a deer I recognize from last year, and I believe the other one was a 9 last year. I haven't gotten enough pictures of the others to really tell if I can match 'em to any of last year's deer, especially since they are still in velvet and were still developing the antlers on those last pics. I need to go change the sd cards and see what I've gotten since the last time; but since the season opens in just 9 days, I've been staying out of the woods in between the rain and thunderstorms.
My buddy outside of Lake City has had the same problem with the rain, that I've experienced, but he's gotten a few pictures of several really good bucks, also.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:08 am

Tried to set my camera's to take a pic every 2 minutes..
left them out for a good 10 days.
Went to check them the other day...............nuthing :evil:
Gosh I hate not being technically proficient in devices these days.
I went back and set it to motion activated.
Not really seeing much sign, everything is still under water, and I haven't had the urge to trek though the stuff on my knees to get back in the deeper "woods" (call it a swamp right now) :mrgreen:

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:48 am

Let me tell you about water! We've had over 78 inches of rain, since Jan. 1st, with over 60 inches of that coming since June 10th. We can't even get near about 2/3rds of our land at the dog club, due to the deep water that has washed out roads and bridges. If we could get into those areas, we wouldn't be able to get to the stand locations, since the water is well over 8 feet deep in places that are normally a couple of inches deep. Needless to say, the deer have changed their patterns, and we don't have enough hunters to surround the few blocks we can access.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:10 am

Despite the debacles I have had with the game camera's this summer, I finally managed to get a pic of a buck.
Not a giant, but it appears he's still got a solid 4 weeks of growing left. If he could get 1/2" a day on them tines i'd be happy, but not going to happen, we don't have the ideal conditions. I can still wish.
One thing I did notice is his body, much thicker than the bucks this time last year. Once the acorns start dropping in a few weeks, this fella is going to be a healthy buck

wdgocards15

Postby wdgocards15 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:51 am

Sailfish do you know of anywhere i can hunt near bay county? I live on a military installation and I can only use a bow or shotgun. I would like to find somewhere i can use my pistol and rifle

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:44 pm

wdgocards15

Postby wdgocards15 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:51 am

Thanks! yeah I live on tyndall...just looking for somewhere to hunt with my rifle and pistol.

Next

Return to Florida