is this product any good.

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
flag155

is this product any good.

Postby flag155 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:39 am

i recently purchased a 40# bag of promos donkey corn. it says its half shelled corn and half swamp donkey pellets. i am planning to put it around my mineral site hopping that it will increase day time photos of bucks. has anyone used this product?

Retranger

Re: is this product any good.

Postby Retranger » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:12 am

Never heard of it. Since you have already purchased it ,,,put it out and find out if it works. Don't know why it wouldn't
Doug

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:23 am

Whats a swamp donkey?
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:45 am

Swamp Donkey is what Primo's calls big bucks to sell their products.

flag 155, how much did that stuff cost you? Corn by itself is the best deer bait going, and right now a 40# bag of cob corn is selling for $8.00 down here, which is $2.00 less than last year. I've already used 10 bags since August 1st since my damn food plots all got washed away with over 78 inches of rain!!!!!!!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:25 pm

"Swamp Donkey is what Primo's calls big bucks to sell their products."

Ooh...I get it now. A swamp donkey is what you "put the smackdown" on.

But shouldn't it be , "......what Primo's calls big bucks so they can make big bucks." ??
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shaman

Postby shaman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:33 am

So basically what you have is cracked corn mixed 50-50 with something that probably bears a striking resemblance to sweet feed? Yep, that will work. You pour in 50 lbs a week and you'll have everything in the neighborhood showing up-- except when you have acorns or row crops to compete with. Then?

Look, whether it ends up being successful or not, you probably will spend gobs of money finding out. There are cheaper ways to get a deer.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:13 pm

I am going to go out on a limb and guess u are new to hunting??

I find many new hunters initially treat hunting like fishing. They wanna find the best bait to set out and wait for a bite.

Hunting is so much more than that. Nature provides all the "donkey pellets" you could ever need. They are called acorns.. or persimmons.. or apples.

My best advice is to not pay attention to the hunting channel or next best product commercials and get in the woods and hunt. Woodsmanship and a true understanding of how the animals behave trumps any food plot or donkey pellet laced mineral mound.

Just my 2
"You can overdo anything."

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:54 am

USN SAM right on!!!! But that is it today
Doug

ToxicAvenger

Postby ToxicAvenger » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:27 am

I stopped feeding corn, pellets, etc. Coons ate most of it, attracted bears, etc.

I do use mineral sites as I only get deer at those. I have used mineral blocks and they do OK, but I have most luck with Lucky 7 mineral attractant.

I am also doing food plots, used the Throw and Grow stuff. I got mostly grass and brassicas, but the deer didn't really eat the brassicas. I am not sure they knew what they were. I want to try more clover based stuff next.

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:16 am

Funny your deer don't bother with the brassica. We have a 3 acre food plot and planted one acre of pure brassica and they keep it mowed down like a putting green.
Doug

Next

Return to General Discussions