I killed my first two deer of this season last week.

rthomas4

I killed my first two deer of this season last week.

Postby rthomas4 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:29 pm

I killed an 80 lb doe Thursday afternoon at 6:20, and then a 138 lb basket racked 8 point Saturday morning at 7:20. Both were killed with my T/C Encore .308 shooting 150 grain Winchester power points. The doe was at about 80 yards, and the buck was about 130 yards.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

rthomas4

Re: I killed my first two deer of this season last week.

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:48 am

Here are the pics.ImageImage
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:12 am

Good stuff! I can't wait to get out to the timber this year... hopefully I get a chance to. My wife just had a baby 2 weeks ago, so I'm sure my time to get away is going to be limited.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:23 am

I'm disabled and can't work due to strokes, heart, Parkinson's and a brain tumor; so I basically hunt everyday of the season (the only good thing about being disabled). It has to be some very bad weather or a doctor's appointment to keep me out of a stand during the week or on Sunday, and normally I'm running the hounds on Saturday. This past Saturday we had some conflicts with schedules at the dog club, so I stayed home and climbed up into one of my ladder stands around 6:30 in the morning and killed the buck at 7:20. He was the second one I saw, but I couldn't take a shot at the first one due to it crossing the pipeline up on the crest of a rise and toward the highway. It would have been about a 350 yard shot, anyhow.

Return to South Carolina