the MRS floored me last night

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Homunculi

the MRS floored me last night

Postby Homunculi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:24 am

last night out on the back deck watching a fire in the burn pit .. having a beer after a long day at work ..

my wife came out and said something i thought i would never hear ...
(a little history here so you know why this floored me .. i met my wife when she got out of the marines .. she claimed she was a country bumpkin .. and after we were married i brought some small game home .. she would not eat it ... deer .. she would not eat .. tricked her with wild turkey tho
the 13 year trek of getting her to try deer meat .. still feels like it was a long road ... but after she tried it she wants the freezer full !!! )

when she came out on the deck she said "I want to kill a deer!" ... all i could say is "what!!" she said it again ... i am still thinking she was kidding but she has been reading articles from a site called "girls hunt too" so i looked at some of the articles and pics this morning ..
and before i left for work i asked her again .. she said she wants to go hunting :D

so now i have the task of getting her out to practice with the crossbow and the shotty while trying to juggle hunting time along with my 6-7 day a week work schedule ... . ...

this will floor the guys at the archery range .. they are still a bit shocked when she helped me dress out a deer ... saying that their wives would never do anything like that ...

i am excited about this ... but i will have to wait and see if she will go through with it
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

MZS

Re: the MRS floored me last night

Postby MZS » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:33 am

Next thing you know she will surprise you with the million dollars left to you guys by that rich old uncle of hers you never heard about. Then you can hunt with her every day!

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Wish her great success for me....You too may both of you down great deer and have a ton of fun...
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:44 pm

I honestly believe that the future of hunting lies in getting more women involved in our sport. We can whittle down the antis through the recruitment and encouragement of wives, mothers, sisters, girlfriends or any other females we can get to participate. After all, women hold great influence over our children and grandchildren, plus their votes are the swing votes that help elect our politicians.

Congrats and good luck..........and keep her interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Congrats Golem! Now, as long as she does not freak out when she truly kills something, you are golden! Wish you luck. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:27 pm

rthomas4 as much as i agree with what you say about getting more ladies .. women as you say involved ... i do not think or want this as a political post ,,,

just shocked the h@ll out of me what she said she wanted to kill a deer ... and if you read the history note you would understand why ...

i know this is a big oppertunity for me and the mrs to spend more time together but she is not a morning person .. and the real test is if she can sit watch and listen without making a sound ..

i think this one will be a bigger test to me than taking my sons hunting ... but as i said i married her when she got out of the marines ... so i hope her training kicks in and she can pull the trigger at the right moment .. with a true shot

i am still in awe ... because it took me 13 years to get her to try deer meat ... that is the shock!!! about this whole thing ..
i do not think she will like the fact she cannot use her lotions .. body sprays ... or other scented products but hey GAME ON !!!!!!!!!!

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
Bear Encounter

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:35 am

Excellent news! I wasn't sure if my wife would be totally into hunting when she told me that she wanted to go with me, but after the first time she saw deer out in the timber she was hooked. I was lucky enough to be sitting on the ground with her when she killed her first deer. She even picked out the spot and everything. Hopefully your Mrs. will have some luck and enjoy her time hunting... it makes it a LOT easier to get more time in the woods.

If you are worried about her moving a lot or being uncomfortable, try a good ground blind. My wife loves hers, and it's a lot more forgiving of movement and scent than being up in a tree.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:35 pm

deebz ... it would be grat for her to come with me but she declined the offer to go out to the range to learn to shoot the crossbow yesterday ...

said it would be intruding on my GUY time ... so i brought a taget block home and she got to shoot at it ... only one time tho my son and his GF got in the way and wanted to shoot my bow as well ....

i would like to get her some time alone with me and the bow without the kids around ... i do not need the extra wear on the bow serving and string ...
my oldest i have been trying to push him to get his own equip but he keeps wanting to use mine and when i see he has the money to get his own ...
he has a new video game ... shoes ... clothing ... things not relevent to hunting but yet he wants to hunt with me and hunting with me and use my stuff just
does not work ... he has backed off some because i have refused to loan him my stuff and now my mrs wants to get in on this ... ....

geez .... i am getting to a breaking point ... !!!!!!! :(

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
Bear Encounter

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:31 am

Lady Marines can be like that.

I think your big challenge here is finding enough time for yourself. It's a good thing she already sees this. You probably got into hunting to have time to yourself (consciously or not) . Now you have your family injecting themselves into that time. Be careful.

The other danger I see is that your ideas about hunting and hers may be very different. You married, after all, a lady Marine. That bespeaks a lot of independent thinking. Remember that a lot of this is going to be her discovering things for herself.

I married an ex-state highway patrolman. This is not the current one. This was Satan, wife 1.0. She was a better shot than me. I learned quickly to let her go her way, and I went mine on hunting. We had very different styles. After 5 years she decided to give up hunting and expected me to do the same. That was the beginning of the end.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 pm

shaman i hope things are right but i learned today that my sons GF is making this a hard/bad choice ..... if you ever had one of those ... i do what you do types around .. ...

wow talk about a buzz kill .....

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
Bear Encounter

Next

Return to General Discussions