New to Site

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
McDan08

New to Site

Postby McDan08 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:46 am

Hey everyone. I am new to this site. I am a member at AT and Bowhunting. Just wanted to check something new out. I am from Illinois and I mainly bowhunt deer. I am trying turkey this year though. Just wanted to get my name out there. Good luck this year!!

Deebz

Re: New to Site

Postby Deebz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:49 am

Welcome! Lots of good stuff here. Feel free to ask anything you have a mind to.

I'm also in IL, what part of the state do you hunt?
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

McDan08

Postby McDan08 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:58 am

Thank you! I hunt Rock Island County and sometimes by Peoria

McDan08

Postby McDan08 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:59 am

Deebz wrote:Welcome! Lots of good stuff here. Feel free to ask anything you have a mind to.

I'm also in IL, what part of the state do you hunt?

Should have included this in my first reponse haha, but what about you?

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:00 am

I grew up in LaSalle county hunting north of Ottawa, but now I'm over East in Iroquois county near Watseka. Haven't gotten out yet this season, but I'm looking forward to this weekend.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

McDan08

Postby McDan08 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 am

I live in a west chicago suburb, so that's not too far from me. Good luck this weekend! I am heading out as well

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:36 pm

McDan08 wrote:Hey everyone. I am new to this site. I am a member at AT and Bowhunting. Just wanted to check something new out. I am from Illinois and I mainly bowhunt deer. I am trying turkey this year though. Just wanted to get my name out there. Good luck this year!!

Welcome! You have stumbled upon the best place to be when it comes to deer hunting, and hunting in general. We have nosebleed cowboys, and ground pounders, stand hunters, and stalkers. even a few in gillie suits! Rules and techniques vary by locations and what may be legal here, may not apply there. (That type of thing) so always check with your local DNR to make sure what you learn is correct for your location.

Enjoy the forum, and feel free to ask questions, someone will likely have your answers. I believe there are more than 9,000 of us now, and we are spread across the country, and beyond.
I see you have already met Deebz, so you are off to a good start. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to General Discussions