number 2 down

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Homunculi

number 2 down

Postby Homunculi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:43 am

today started out weird ... slept through the alarm ... could not find anything ... nothing was where i remember putting it ...
got out just as daybreak was starting ..
thought i messed up .. and was thinking about heading back to the house

about 10 after 8 2 doe come strolling in .. lined up the shot .. she was about 17 yards when i took the shot ..
she jumped .. ran out to about my 30 yard marker stopped and stared at me .. started walking got very wobbly

and dropped

giving it just a moment to settle down after the shot.... 2 more walked in..... no extra tag ... :( so i just got to watch them for 10 min or so till they wondered off

but she is iced and hanging :)
Attachments
number2.jpg
number2.jpg (98.88 KiB) Viewed 458 times
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

rthomas4

Re: number 2 down

Postby rthomas4 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Congats, good looking doe!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Congrats Gollem! I am looking forward to my first sit. Might happen this weekend.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:52 pm

kellory wrote:Congrats Gollem! I am looking forward to my first sit. Might happen this weekend.

your first ???? darn i have only been out 4-5 times since season opened and my one buddy has been out every day since opening day
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:21 pm

I've only killed three, but I've also passed up at least a dozen or more. There haven't been many days that I've missed hunting since he season opened Aug. 15th; but those have been days when the wind was totally wrong, a thunder storm was in the area, or the day immediately after killing one and spending time skinning, gutting, and disposing of the offal.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Return to General Discussions