Hunter Orange

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
Buddog

Hunter Orange

Postby Buddog » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:55 am

When hunting on private land in South Carolina do you have to wear hunter orange ? I know you have to if you hunt WMA public land .

kellory

Re: Hunter Orange

Postby kellory » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Contact your local DNR and ask. they have a legal dept. for those answers. What may be legal here, would have no bearing on weather or not it was legal there. Check with the experts.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

rthomas4

Re: Hunter Orange

Postby rthomas4 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Hunter orange is not required on private lands in South Carolina, unless the landowner or the hunting club has their own rules about it. The only time I ever have to wear any orange is when hunting one specific plantation that my club gets invited to during Thanksgiving every year, and that's because the owner(an attorney) had a friend who got shot while hunting a different plantation a few years ago. State and Federal WMAs do require a hat, coat or vest of SOLID (no camo print orange) visible international hunter orange to be worn during any gun or muzzleloader hunting season for deer, bear, and hogs, as well a small game, other than dove, turkey, ducks, geese and other migratory birds including crows.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Return to Best Practices