born this way?

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
luvhuntin

born this way?

Postby luvhuntin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Caught this really nice pic
I have had everyone I know tell me they will shoot her if she walks by. I told everyone of them to stay home then, I bet she raises better fawns than four legged deer.
It looks so perfectly healed i think she was born that way other wise an injury like that would be fatal to a deer right? I left the pic supersize on purpose.
Attachments
durable.jpg
durable.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 1771 times

Deebz

Re: born this way?

Postby Deebz » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:16 am

It's possible she was born that way, but a leg injury from either a car, a gunshot, or even coyotes isn't necessarily going to be fatal. It's amazing how tough these animals are, and as long as infection doesn't get into the blood they can come back from amazing trauma and be completely healthy.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:02 pm

I agree with you Deebs,

There are major arteries like the femoral on our own legs in a deers legs so I was curious what others thought. if it was a major trauma Blood loss should have done her in.

I know you know that, just trying to explain my curiosity with it.

She just had a "perfect wound' to allow it to heal and amputate itself if that was the cause.

I`m thinking of finding an artist to paint that picture for me it is one of the best trail cam photos I have ever gotten,

gorich761

Postby gorich761 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 pm

That’s Too nice, when it comes in india hope it can make a Rocking place for youngster.. hope that come true.

richdevlin761

Postby richdevlin761 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:15 am

I`m thinking of finding an artist to paint that picture for me it is one of the best trail cam photos. I feel a lot more people need to capture this photos

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:43 pm

If I was a betting man, I'd say she had the leg shot off. It appears to be at the joint, and I've seen deer heal from those types of injuries.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

stevenjackson

Postby stevenjackson » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:25 am

interesting, could be a variety of things, i'd guess some accident that caused it vs. natural probs

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:41 am

We have had a few over the years that have had similar leg injuries one recent one we called 3 legged Momma. She made it through our winter and then raised twins...I put the word out that if she could do that she deserved to live, please do not shoot...well it worked for 3 years and the second and third year she raised triplets I watched her up on the lease land next door and it was fascinating how she managed...unfortunately They shot her that year...I believe they were the ones that wounded her in the first place...Whooo boy! I got some calls on that one... residence here were not happy she had disappeared...We had another called flop eared momma...they had shot one ear nearly off her she made it 4yrs. raising twins and triplets..Many of us believe when nature /luck gives them the chance to survive hunting seasons after being shot and still thrive.... they deserve their pass..The lease guys(out of state) don't .
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Return to Photo Corner