If I had a....

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
msbadger

If I had a....

Postby msbadger » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:53 am

Hit list he would be on it...but I hunt hoping for the best .... I have to have knee surgery and the injury occurred back in April...I've held off to work the summer and now hunting season...pain got bad enough so surgery is Dec 5th....That said...I was considering taking the first OK buck ...hey ya never know I may never hunt again...but the past couple of days...has me rethinking that!...So cross your fingers and send me some luck...that he decides walking during the day isn't so bad..... ;)

IMAG0117.JPG
IMAG0117.JPG (99.78 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Last edited by msbadger on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Retranger

Re: If I had a....

Postby Retranger » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:06 am

I have pics like that, not many pics during daylight any more. What kind of knee surgery are you having done? Hope you have good surgeon!! Best of luck on that
Doug

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:23 am

I have a "nasty tear" to my rt knee meniscus...I heard it tear April2 while running from an electrical storm...We get really bad storms here...But I'm busy and need to get things done...well the old brain couldn't wrap it's self around the pain any longer and I went to the Dr.'s a month ago...was at the surgeons office a couple of days later...but hey hunting season was on me...so I delayed until the 5th of Dec.

The Dr. ask Mr B. yesterday.." has your wife got a deer yet?...We need to get her into surgery and off that knee!!...So I really would like a crack at him and Soon...taking the bobbin head decoy out to night...see if he is getting pushy..lol...Thanks

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:27 am

Looks like a nice buck! Good luck and I hope you get to stick him.

Good luck with the knee too. I'm sure your Dr wants you to get it taken care of asap, but I'm glad you have your priorities in order! :lol:
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:19 am

Well if it any help to you ms I have had meniscus repairs in both knees. They did it with a scope and I watched it on the monitor and the Dr explained as he was doing it. I was in and out the same day. The first one I was out and around the next day like nothing had been done, the second I was a couple days longer. Hope you do well ;) ;)
Doug

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:19 am

Thanks...the surgeon said I have to be put under for this and 3-6 mos recovery...crutches and then a cane... no sugar coating from this surgeon...lol...one reason I held off...just knew it was bad the second I heard it tear...Glad yours went well and I'm hoping for the best....all prayers welcome...

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:46 am

MS, You will be in my prayers for quick healing & for God to guide the doctors hands thru your surgery.

As far as that buck goes stick a razor sharp broadhead thru that badboy.
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:41 am

pickleguy wrote:MS, You will be in my prayers for quick healing & for God to guide the doctors hands thru your surgery.

As far as that buck goes stick a razor sharp broadhead thru that badboy.

X2;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:24 pm

Badger, that's a good looking buck, so I'm hoping you get a chance to nail him.

You know I'm thinking of you and wish you the best with the surgery. If nothing else, make Mr. B haul you out (in a wheel barrow if he has to) so you can keep on hunting after the Doc is through cutting on that knee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:14 pm

MS are you sure that is a meniscus repair and not an ACL?????
Doug

Next

Return to Photo Corner