How to keep phone alive?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
rainbow

How to keep phone alive?

Postby rainbow » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:39 pm

Smart phones eat a lot of power, have you got some better ideas to keep phone alive when you go out? Just don't want to lose contact with friends or family.

kellory

Re: How to keep phone alive?

Postby kellory » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:55 am

Solar charger or backup USB battery. Batteries are 5-10 bucks on eBay. Charge them up and put a couple (and a USB cable) in your pack. I am intending to add a solar Charger. This will allow for charging and re charging as needed.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:07 pm

How about turning it off so you can conserve the battery you have for emergencies? You don't leave your flashlight on all the time and they last a long time, or at least for the duration of a single hunt!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

rainbow

Postby rainbow » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:37 am

Find some helpful tips on how to save power, share with everyone.

Reduce the screen brightness.
Set the screen timeout to be short.
Close unnecessary background applications.
Turn off unnecessary hardware features.
Avoid running too many programs simultaneously.
Turn off vibration.
Reduce the number of external devices.

rainbow

Postby rainbow » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:40 am

kellory wrote:Solar charger or backup USB battery. Batteries are 5-10 bucks on eBay. Charge them up and put a couple (and a USB cable) in your pack. I am intending to add a solar Charger. This will allow for charging and re charging as needed.

Yes, many of my friends use external battery to charge their phones or tablets. I have searched a lot, there are so many brands here, a little confused. In case of running out of power, I think I will also buy one with high capacity.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:58 am

or simply by several of the smaller ones. they are much cheaper, add your care less if you lose 1. most of the ones I've seen are about the size of a C-cell battery.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Talk about a timely thread.
I always lose power by 2ish. It makes for a looooooooong day if I have to sit another 5 hours without a phone.

I was just thinking this past hunt outing......"There has to be some sort of mobile charging device out there I can carry in my pack"

Now I just need to go to Amazon and get it!

Anyone have a model/type they prefer?
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:25 pm

Sailfish- I just bought this one today. And it is on sale for about half off.http://www.amazon.com/Instapark%C2%AE-M ... kc5888-20I :mrgreen:

rainbow

Postby rainbow » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:30 am

Sailfish wrote:Talk about a timely thread.
I always lose power by 2ish. It makes for a looooooooong day if I have to sit another 5 hours without a phone.

I was just thinking this past hunt outing......"There has to be some sort of mobile charging device out there I can carry in my pack"

Now I just need to go to Amazon and get it!

Anyone have a model/type they prefer?

Just ordered a RAVPower 10400mah external battery charger from amazon a few days ago. Through many comparisons and according to recommendations of friends, I decided to buy this one, with large capacity, will never be afraid of losing power. Have a look! :D

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:10 am

Thanks guys checking them out today!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Next

Return to Off Topic